Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paci Problem

Default Paci Problem

I have a NUK paci (don't know what size) and after sucking on it about 20 minutes a day for the past couple days I have 3 canker sores in my mouth and they really hurt! I'm thinking it's from the paci but I don't know why this happened. Any one else ever have this problem?

GaashaHuzzah

Now wait, is it 20 consecutive minutes or just like, a few minutes sprinkled around here or there?

Is the paci od ? Is alergy ? Try to boil or replace it.

A few things may be happening here... Do you know of any allergies you have to latex or other plastics? Also you may be grinding your lips into your teeth, which if you're sensitive could cause wounds that develop into cankers... Good luck with that that... um... errrrr.... sucks.

I don't have any allergies that I know of. Today it's so bad I can hardly eat. I'm going to get rid of it and get a new one. I don't know what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusPrime View Post
    A few things may be happening here... Do you know of any allergies you have to latex or other plastics? Also you may be grinding your lips into your teeth, which if you're sensitive could cause wounds that develop into cankers... Good luck with that that... um... errrrr.... sucks.
    This is what happened to me. I got one on the corner of my mouth. I also got one on my cheek... but that is completely my fault. I bit a hole into it and the infection from the one canker caused the second.

Kratos

I think that you should go to a doctor if it is so bad you don't want to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    I think that you should go to a doctor if it is so bad you don't want to eat.
    Have you ever had cankers? Particularly multiple ones? There is no "treatment" for it. You can get stuff to numb your mouth made especially for cankers (we haven't had any lying around in a while). It stings to eat anything really spicy, but it twinges annoyingly to hurtingly ANYTHING touches it, so eating can get annoying.

I thought I had one from my paci but it turned out to be chance. Otherwise, the only other thing is that prolonged use it makes my jaw hurt.

I do not know your age but the younger you are the more likely it is that it needed to be sanitized better. This is moreso for ppl under the age of 10 but I would think that could extend into the teen years as well. I don't know anyone with non-life threatening latex allergies but I would think your tongue would have broken out badly...the areas that are in direct contact with the latex moreso than the cheeks which are more indirect.

There's a lot of things that may have caused it as well. It might just be total coincidence that you got them, I don't know. If you put it in a really dirty place or haven't washed it in a year, I can see that causing it as well. You could tell your doctor or something that a few friends were messing around and I was dared to do it and this happened or something. e.g. Come up with a story if you don't want to say "just wanted to try it" and make sure you don't have a latex allergy or something.

P.S. If you can go out to a general store and just "get a new one" it's a nuk 3 most likely...the largest in a store in the US and most other places.