Thread: "The Overton Window" trailer

Default "The Overton Window" trailer

While I would normally avoid giving Glenn Beck free advertising, I thought the surreal juxtaposition of second-rate poetry about dog-vomit and vague foreboding made this a decent use of 50 seconds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW4IiwmaYNk

I can't wait...
    for it to hit the clearance rack at Half-Price Books!
    Last edited by Palko; 15-Jun-2010 at 06:23. Reason: YouTube fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Palko View Post
    While I would normally avoid giving Glenn Beck free advertising, I thought the surreal juxtaposition of second-rate poetry about dog-vomit and vague foreboding made this a decent use of 50 seconds:

YouTube - Glenn Beck's Overton Window Trailer

I can't wait...
    for it to hit the clearance rack at Half-Price Books!
    *blink*

*blink*

Wow.

Okay, this girl I know is a writer. She's pretty good, I've read some of her short stories. She's got a novel she's trying to get published, but she gets the door slammed on her at every turn, apparently so they can publish crap like that. How long before you can buy it at truck stops and gas stations?

Quote Originally Posted by bgi39jsjw0ggg View Post
    *blink*

*blink*

Wow.

Okay, this girl I know is a writer. She's pretty good, I've read some of her short stories. She's got a novel she's trying to get published, but she gets the door slammed on her at every turn, apparently so they can publish crap like that. How long before you can buy it at truck stops and gas stations?
    That depends on whether or not the U.S. descends into a Marxist dystopia before the book comes out in paperback.

Quote Originally Posted by bgi39jsjw0ggg View Post
    *blink*
    Okay, this girl I know is a writer. She's pretty good, I've read some of her short stories. She's got a novel she's trying to get published, but she gets the door slammed on her at every turn, apparently so they can publish crap like that.
    Because that people will buy this crap, fairly simple as that. The girl's stories would probably sell as well, but I'm guessing the publishers don't think it will sell as well (unknown name=lack of publicity). Glenn Beck's books get published because people know who he is, and there are the Glenn Beck fanatics (as well as the nutjobs, and both) that will buy the book, and comment about how great it is on sites like Amazon and how the only people bashing it are liberal elitists etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Howl View Post
    Because that people will buy this crap, fairly simple as that. The girl's stories would probably sell as well, but I'm guessing the publishers don't think it will sell as well (unknown name=lack of publicity). Glenn Beck's books get published because people know who he is, and there are the Glenn Beck fanatics (as well as the nutjobs, and both) that will buy the book, and comment about how great it is on sites like Amazon and how the only people bashing it are liberal elitists etc.
    Oh, I know exactly why it happens this way. It just pisses me off, especially when these same companies claim they're representing artists.

I can't imagine that some opinion piece written by a TV talking head is worth my time. There's way too many great works out there that I need to read first.

Gosh, its a shame that guy has such a poor mastery of English because he actually makes up stuff that Dan Brown couldn't even dream of...

(Fun fact: if you've read one Dan Brown book, you've read them all. Also, if you like computers do yourself a favor and do NOT read Digital Fortress).