Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Oh, s**t!!!

  1. #1
    BernardFx

    Default Oh, s**t!!!

    Wow, a few seconds ago, I just felt an earthquake! It must have been around 4.0 or above. This just goes to show how the world is deteriorating! This was just my second one in my life, and in the last few weeks!

    Anyone had any experiences with earthquakes?

    Edit: The news said it was 5.9. And then there was an aftershock after I started this thread- it was about 4.0.
    Last edited by BernardFx; 16-Jun-2010 at 05:36.

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BBFx View Post
    This just goes to show how the world is deteriorating! This was just my second one in my life, and in the last few weeks!
    ... I hope your joking.

    You live in California, a state known for its earthquakes, what with the infinite fault lines we seemingly have. Frankly im more worried about our state's debit then earthquakes.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    ... I hope your joking.

    You live in California, a state known for its earthquakes, what with the infinite fault lines we seemingly have. Frankly im more worried about our state's debit then earthquakes.
    I'm reading this thinking, "wtf? seriously?"

    Seeing as all three of us live in Southern/Mid California, earthquakes really shouldn't be that big of a deal. ESPECIALLY 4.0. I can fart and make a 4.0 (sarcasm of course).

    I'm assuming you haven't lived in So Cal very long? Earthquakes are nothing new...

    -Edit-

    Not your post Fire2box, the OP's. Just to clarify.

  4. #4
    BernardFx

    Default

    Yeah, it might not seem like a big deal, but my family has put these crazy ideas in my head, and get freaked out very easily... especially my mom.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BBFx View Post
    Yeah, it might not seem like a big deal, but my family has put these crazy ideas in my head, and get freaked out very easily... especially my mom.
    You're living in the wrong part of the country to get touchy about that kind of thing. Glad you're okay but as the other posters have said, a quake of that magnitude is nothing to worry over.

  6. #6

    Default

    Maybe try Texas? Possibly Oklahoma? I've heard tornadoes are fun if you don't like quakes. -_-

    It's funny. I've heard people who would MUCH rather have a tornado than an earthquake. Me being a born and raised Southern Californian, I'm thinking, "What the hell? Earthquakes don't do shit. (most of the time) How the hell can you prefer a tornado?"

    If anything, I just get annoyed with quakes because they usually happen while I'm sleeping. They can't have the courtesy to wait until I'm awake.

  7. #7

    Default

    Over here we just deal with microbursts and tree branches etc. dropping during the monsoon season. Other then that we are just waiting for California to fall in the ocean to sell some beach side property

  8. #8
    Peachy

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BernardFx View Post
    Wow, a few seconds ago, I just felt an earthquake! It must have been around 4.0 or above. This just goes to show how the world is deteriorating! This was just my second one in my life, and in the last few weeks!

    Anyone had any experiences with earthquakes?
    Science is pretty sure that your grand-grand-grand-grand-x100-children will be living on an island separated from the American continent by a body of water, i.e. you guys and the rest of America are drifting apart. This sounds like a good time to invest in a yacht if you wish to continue to visit the rest of your country for eternity!

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Science is pretty sure that your grand-grand-grand-grand-x100-children will be living on an island separated from the American continent by a body of water, i.e. you guys and the rest of America are drifting apart. This sounds like a good time to invest in a yacht if you wish to continue to visit the rest of your country for eternity!
    Seattle has had its fair share of earth moving. LOL. Personally I wouldn't buy a yacht. I don't see how a yacht purchased today can possibly be useful 10x10^15 years from now!http://media.thenewstribune.com/smedia/2009/08/11/10/442-GALLOPING_GERTIE_FALLS.embedded.prod_affiliate.5.jpg

  10. #10
    Butterfly Mage

    Default

    I felt one once. Tremors are VERY rare in Maryland and this one was pretty minor. It sort of felt like an ocean wave passing under the ground.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.