Thread: Making a home made onesie...

Default Making a home made onesie...

So I'm thinking of buying an over sized shirt and adding some snaps to it at the bottom to use as a onesie. I know how to sew pretty ok. Took a course on it. So I'm thinking of doing this

How to Make a Baby Romper from a T Shirt: 10 steps (with pictures) - wikiHow

But on a larger scale for us babies and making something with an awesome design and transforming it into a onesie for myself. Has anyone done anything like this at all? I'm interested in other peoples opinion and I want to modify it so that If needed I can use it as a regular t-shirt ya know? My mom still does my laundry she does know about my AB stuff tough.

BernardFx

Well, if your mom knows about it, then, why not buy a onesie from the internet?

I have made several onesies with snaps, and they're pretty cool. I made them with old baseball T-shirts from my dad, so I got some cool prints, like Boston Red-Sox, and New York Yankees. Even thoug I got the fit a little wrong, but I made them myself, so that's a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by BBFx View Post
    Well, if your mom knows about it, then, why not buy a onesie from the internet?

I have made several onesies with snaps, and they're pretty cool. I made them with old baseball T-shirts from my dad, so I got some cool prints, like Boston Red-Sox, and New York Yankees. Even thoug I got the fit a little wrong, but I made them myself, so that's a bonus.
    Mostly because internet ones are really expensive considering what i"m gonna do with it and I still don't want my mom to know everything really ya know? I just find it a bit akward ya know?

BernardFx

Quote Originally Posted by dragsnick View Post
    Mostly because internet ones are really expensive considering what i"m gonna do with it and I still don't want my mom to know everything really ya know? I just find it a bit akward ya know?
    Oh, sure, I understand. My father knows about my DL side, but I still don't ask him to buy me expensive diapers from the internet. Sorry.

No worries... but I want something that I can pass off as a tshirt so yeah.. This could work jsut fine ya know?

BernardFx

Deffinetly, just remember to get good qualitty snaps- the first onesie I made had some cheesy snaps, and it ended up beeing obsolete.

How do I know if the snaps are good quality then? What should I be looking for exactly?