Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of reality tv?

Default What do you think of reality tv?

What do you guys think of some of the reality shows that are on these days?

Like- Moment of Truth: I personally don't like it because they make some people admit to breaking the law. Also, I've already seen one person admit to dating another guy while she was married!

American Idol: I like this show, but don't really pay attention to it after the auditions.

What do you guys think of these and other reality shows?

Reality shows are, in general, terrible. I've never understood why they're so popular... surely the public must be getting tired of such low quality, cheap, formulaic programming? They steal valuable airtime from more worthwhile shows.

The talent show ones are perhaps the most loathsome, not only because they serve as a sad reminder of how people prefer to grasp for shallow and fleeting fame instead of seek knowledge and intellectual accomplishment, but also because of their naturally repetitive nature. That said, I will concede that, as a fan of schadenfreude, I will occasionally watch the early rounds just to watch people make prats of themselves. Would much rather be watching a well-written comedy or something, though.

I don't like American Idol at all anymore, I watch the first two seasons maybe and never voted. mainly since everyone single person that has become a America idol isn't really good at all. Kelly Clarkson, where is she? Clay Akain and Rubin where are they? Carrie Underwood, I can't hear here, Taylor Hicks who did not even get a sold out show in SF but Johnathon Coulton did a sold out show in SF (See his song "Still Alive" from Portal).

So anyways people vote for these singers and 2 years later where are they? Whats the point in going on if they are just going to be a star until the next idol comes out?

The only one I'll watch anymore is the CBS world racing one and big brother if nothing else is on which is pretty rare. I mainly watch history or discovery. I'd even watch cartoon network more then reality TV. Camp Lazlo and Fosters are pretty funny.

InconJenOnWheels

I enjoy The Apprentice, Survivor and The Amazing Race. The Apprentice mainly for the boardroom drama and tasks. Survivor because of the challenges. The Amazing Race because of the exotic and cool locations. Those are the only reality shows I actually watch regularly. I watched Rockstar when it was on CBS. Some of the contestants were really good and the songs were great. I watched The Moment of Truth for a couple of episodes, but got sick of it pretty quick. I never really got into American Idol. Mainly because it's on like 3 nights a week and I don't want to invest that much time in a show.

Boring. Reality is what I do when I'm not watching TV. I prefer something more interesting.

I don't watch any of those shows, never did, I mostly watch the science channels, and movie channels, the only thing I do watch is the news and weather on the networks.

Footed P.J.

I loved The Next Food Network Star. I also have loved Big Brother in the past. The best season was the last one, with the Donatos. I absolutely hate that Tia Tequila one on MTV. She is so fake. There are so many lines in the show. I really don't find her very pretty, anyway. Other than that, reality just isn't captivating.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Kelly Clarkson, where is she?
    Are you kidding me? I hear about her all the time

Clay Akain and Rubin where are they?
    Who cares about Clay, Reubin is the person who won, and I've seen him around, just haven't heard him sing in a long time.

Carrie Underwood, I can't hear here,
    I hear about her all the time as well.

Taylor Hicks who did not even get a sold out show in SF but Johnathon Coulton did a sold out show in SF (See his song "Still Alive" from Portal).
    Never heard of her, or him lol.

I really like Jordin Sparks, she's great. But I don't watch American Idol, lol.

I like Americas Next Top Model, and Extreme Home Makeover, that's about it. Oh, and I watch Trading Spouses and Nanny 911 quite a bit too.

Reality TV is for the time in between good shows' seasons, and for writers strikes.

EmeraldsAndLime

Why watch something superficial on TV, when I can just leave the house?
    Last edited by EmeraldsAndLime; 03-May-2008 at 10:56.