Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Powder Questions

Default Baby Powder Questions

I was thinking of starting to use baby powder with my diapers. But first I wanted to ask a few questions:

1.)Does the baby powder fragrance stick with you? If so, how long does it stick?

2.)In the case that the smell does stick, does taking 1 shower get rid of the smell?

It all depends. Because baby powder's particles are so small, just useing a wash cloth might not do the job getting the smell out. Same thing applies to fabrics or porous materials. A shower or washer will get the smell out in my experience.

When I first wanted to use Baby Powder I was so nervous about the smell. After using it while diapered and seeing just how awesome it is I started to become a little more brave and use sans diapers. My Brother and friends said nothing of it. The only one who's really going to notice it is you. Besides, if someone does happen to notice the powder serves so many benefits that do not include the need for diapers. Not chafing and feeling "fresh" are more than enough reasons to liberally apply it: especially during the summer! I do find that using some cologne (AXE is cheap and works fine) will cover up pretty much any remnant of the smell of the powder.

To answer your questions though.
    1: The fragrance will last depending how much you apply. The usage alone is not a correlation to diapers though. As I said above the benefits out way not using it.
    2: Taking a shower and scrubbing the areas with soap will be more than enough to get rid of the smell.

Good luck! I don't think I could go a day without it now! (Even when I'm not diapered!)

Like he said. A shower will get the smell off easy. Espesualy if you use liquid soap. Or it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by IantheFox View Post
    I was thinking of starting to use baby powder with my diapers. But first I wanted to ask a few questions:

1.)Does the baby powder fragrance stick with you? If so, how long does it stick?

2.)In the case that the smell does stick, does taking 1 shower get rid of the smell?
    I've been using baby powder for a few years now, to answer your questions:

1. No, as long as you shower in the morning the smell does not stick with you.

2. See above...however it doesn't stick with you so much as it may stick in your bedroom if you don't air it out by opening a window and leaving it open whenever possible. This doesn't bother me so much because I like the smell of baby powder, and have my own place...but I open the window and air out the room just so my cleaning lady doesn't think something is strange (although I think she found my stash once...)

Anywho...Good luck.

-Gus

I've used baby powder for maga years and the only person that notices is my wife

I use it all the time whether I am wearing or not. Keeps my bits from sticking XD Sorry if that was TMI. The smell washes right off in the shower so don't worry.

I've never had an issue with my folks or anyone noticing, or saying anything about the smell... And plus you can say you are using it, worst case if someone found the powder, for something else. Like I have a friend that uses baby powder for her feet when she goes hiking etc.

Thank you all for the very useful answers. I might try sparingly using some powder when I get diapered tomorrow (I've had it for a while but have been afraid to use it). I am not going to use a lot quite yet. I'll save that for when my family members are out of the house.

Try this it work great here some detail about grab it of rite aide website and the smell is not bad it spell like cornstarch you'll smell like bake good lol .

JOHNSON'SŪ Baby Powder Pure Cornstarch with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E
    Gently absorbs excess wetness to keep skin dry and soft

Let the natural moisture-absorption qualities of pure cornstarch keep your baby's skin comfortable and dry. The soft texture of this gentle cornstarch baby powder helps keep skin feeling especially fresh and smooth.

Gently absorbs excess moisture
    Clinically proven to be gentle and mild
    Made with the highest quality cornstarch - especially mild
    Dermatologist and allergy-tested
    Clean, baby fresh scent
    Made with pure cornstarch