Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The iPhone 4

Default The iPhone 4

I went to the apple website yesterday and there homepage is all about the New Apple iphone 4. From what I can see it is going to be one bad ass phone.

I think I might get one someday.

What do you guys think about it

Still not on Verizon, so it still sucks cause its on AT&T. Seems nice and lovely but I do plan on getting the HTC Android Incredible on August when my contract expires.

I have AT&T and I have to say they are the best cell phone provider that I have had. I have had Verzion, T-Mobile, Sprint and ATT

1 Best 4 Worse

1-ATT -Always works with me NO matter what. Never had one problem to date
    2-T-Mobile -Shutting off my phones before the bill was due. Saying I never paid. (had to fax them a bank statement proving I did)
    3-Verizon - Horrible service where I live. And I dont care for CDMA networks
    4-Sprint - Well there is alot I could post about these POS's. ALWAYS OVER charging me. Sometime I would not get my bill. They would change stuff on my account. Best one is when my contract was up I canceled my service and the charged me $200. Then they took my deposit and put it towards that. if im corect they CAN NOT charge you to close your account when your contract is up. After using my $200 deposit they starting billing me for service and phone I DONT have

Yep, it looks very nice. The business contract that my employer has with T-Mobile (UK) is up for renewal in August, he lets me choose which phone I want, and T-Mobile have just announced that they'll (finally) be carrying the iPhone (previously you had to basically beg them for it, since they didn't stock it officially). So the signs are good for me getting a 4th gen iPhone at the end of August (hopefully, anyway!).

T-Mobile's 3G/HSDPA network in the UK is pretty slow most of the time, but all networks are pretty slow, so the difference is minimal, really. Plus, in the UK, all five major operators (O2, Vodafone, Orange, T-Mobile and Three) have announced that they'll be stocking the iPhone 4. How'd you like that for competition, America?

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Yep, it looks very nice. The business contract that my employer has with T-Mobile (UK) is up for renewal in August, he lets me choose which phone I want, and T-Mobile have just announced that they'll (finally) be carrying the iPhone (previously you had to basically beg them for it, since they didn't stock it officially). So the signs are good for me getting a 4th gen iPhone at the end of August (hopefully, anyway!).

T-Mobile's 3G/HSDPA network in the UK is pretty slow most of the time, but all networks are pretty slow, so the difference is minimal, really. Plus, in the UK, all five major operators (O2, Vodafone, Orange, T-Mobile and Three) have announced that they'll be stocking the iPhone 4. How'd you like that for competition, America?
    What you hear is JUST a prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by http://news.yahoo.com/s/ytech_gadg/20100610/tc_ytech_gadg/ytech_gadg_tc2528
    That's the word from John Paczkowski at All Things Digital, who got hold of a note from Kaufman Bros. analyst Shaw Wu speculating that T-Mobile is the "more likely candidate" for becoming the new U.S. carrier of the iPhone.

The reasoning behind Wu's prediction is widely known and reasonably basic, but still worth repeating, especially for anyone who's not that familiar with how cellular networks work.

Butterfly Mage

My two cents worth:

AT&T seems to have voice service everywhere, but the 3G network is only in big cities.

I often have to manually switch my phone from 3G to EDGE because the 3G network runs out of capacity (which makes streaming music sputter a lot).

I hate the fact that AT&T demands that the iPhone ship with numerous features disabled (no tethering, Bluetooth only pairs to a headset and not a computer or other phone).

I live in the country and I get 3G at my house

I saw it. It looks pretty. It has a flash bulb for the rear camera, and I guess maybe the ability to video conference. Those are the only things I'm jealous of. Actually, it's mostly just that it looks prettier than my 3gs.

Butterfly Mage

Of course, AT&T is about to start charging $10/Gb to use the iPhone, which makes the device a lot less appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    Of course, AT&T is about to start charging $10/Gb to use the iPhone, which makes the device a lot less appealing.
    Well, $25 for two gigs, if I remember right. If it's any consolation though, you can keep an unlimited data plan if you had one before.

I need to check to see how much data I use each month though. I'm pretty sure I probably haven't used more than two gigs. If I don't, I might switch down to the cheaper data plans. That, and wifi is still free.