Thread: New....Obviously...ha ha

Default New....Obviously...ha ha

Wow...I didn't think i'd be this nervous. I'm 17 and have always had an interest in diapers. I have known for a while that there are others "like me", but have never attempted to be a part of any community. This actually marks the first time I have ever even written about my "true" self anywhere. This is a huge step for me. I'm already feeling like less of a loner :] I guess I'm here to make friends. I have finally come to terms with who I am and want to.....for the first time in my life: be completely honest with someone. So....yea...that's it I guess.

Welcome to ADISC! Hope you enjoy your time on this site! It is always that relieving when you become honest about yourself. It just feels like a burden is just opened and it just makes you feel great. Do you have any hobbies or interests that you partake in?

Thanks...this IS a really big deal for me. I don't know if you care...ha ha...but you are officially the first person to "know" this side of me. So thanks for the welcome :] and I guess my main interest is music. I love finding new artists and genres and try to keep an open mind....same with movies I try to see anything that come out (never trust a critic...ha ha)

Well that is a great honor I guess. maybe the other ppl that saw this thread would also be on that list. What kinds of music do you listen to? I am listening to Songs in A Minor by Alicia Keys right now.

Mostly what I look for is acoustic, I think if someone can impress me with just their guitar or piano and their voice....they're worth listening to. So I guess Folk/Acoustic?? The Avett Brothers, Frightened Rabbit, Trevor Hall...are just a few somewhat unknown artists/bands I like to share with people. Props for Alicia Keys though...ha ha. It's hard not to appreciate her music

I am mostly with hip hop and R&B myself. Mariah Carey and Alicia Keys can just sell it. I am getting into Alanis Morissette right now and I am beginning to become more in depth but I am a person in value of good lyrics and a beat or sound that just makes the song a part of me.

I know what you mean about lyrics...that's what trevor hall does for me. He can write the deepest lyrics and you can't help but to wish you had thought of them yourself..ha ha.

Welcome to the community!

Quote Originally Posted by dbc View Post
    Mostly what I look for is acoustic, I think if someone can impress me with just their guitar or piano and their voice....they're worth listening to. So I guess Folk/Acoustic??
    And awesome! I love acoustic music. I listen to a lot of old folk musicians. There's nothing better than a simple acoustic guitar or piano.

Quote Originally Posted by tk7432 View Post
    I am mostly with hip hop and R&B myself. Mariah Carey and Alicia Keys can just sell it. I am getting into Alanis Morissette right now and I am beginning to become more in depth but I am a person in value of good lyrics and a beat or sound that just makes the song a part of me.
    Alanis Morissette is my favorite person now. Only because she made an awesome God in Dogma. :p Best Fucking Movie Ever!