Thread: Alejandro Music Video

Default Alejandro Music Video

So, I just got done watching the newest music vid. by Lady Gaga

YouTube - Lady Gaga - Alejandro

After watching it I noticed many many symbolic elements in it, such as the beginning seeming a bit "1938 Germany" The star of david was noticed as well and the heavy use of Catholicism and catholic elements, such as the cross and rosary beads and we cannot for get to note the elements of bondage in it. Gaga also seemed to be portrayed as an "exterminator" in the beginning of the video, surrounded by men in German Officer Uniforms.

I want to open up this topic to discuss what you all thought of the video and what you think she could be portraying with this video. Usually her videos relate the imagery back to her lyrics very well and you can fully understand what she is conveying, however I can't make heads or tails of this video.

What are your opinions?

GaashaHuzzah

It's a Lady GaGa video, don't look for symbolism in it.

Look for whether or not she has a penis in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by GaashaHuzzah View Post
    It's a Lady GaGa video, don't look for symbolism in it.

Look for whether or not she has a penis in this one.
    Telephone was epic. I still say Paparazzi is her most symbolic music video. Bad Romance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tk7432 View Post
    Telephone was epic. I still say Paparazzi is her most symbolic music video. Bad Romance as well.
    Bad Romance for sure! It shows so much and it relates well back to the song.

Quote Originally Posted by tk7432 View Post
    So is this necessary of the what; 400th thread of yours?
    Yes it is, I wish for others to display their opinion about her newest music video, so that we can have a discussion about it.

Spearmint

I agree with Gaachan. It's lady gaga, she's a freak, what more can i say other than it doesn't represent anything?

GaashaHuzzah

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetaluver View Post
    I agree with Gaachan. It's lady gaga, she's a freak, what more can i say other than it doesn't represent anything?
    Whoa whoa whoa, cool your jets, Trigger.

She's not a freak, I enjoy her music. I just don't think she's trying to send a message beyond 'Look at my tits, I know what spandex is.'

I mean I can see the meaning in some of her music in general, but at the end of the day all she will be remembered is being the gay symbol for music in general. Goodbye to Clay Aiken and Adam Lambert. Hello to her and hip hop's Lady GayGay Nicki Minaj.

She doesn't represent anything. It's just gay shock value. If she wanted to do something for the gay community, she would not paint homosexuals as a bunch of bowl-haired, military fetishists who like making out with each other and dancing.