Thread: 2 questions... and it's gonna make ya hungry.....

Default 2 questions... and it's gonna make ya hungry.....

"....aaaaaannd ACTION!"

I'm sitting here at the computer (well duh) ....... " CUT! WTF,man! bo-ring, amp it up!"

BEEEP (Take Two)

*cue smoke, off screen gunfire, lasers flashing in the distance. Our Breakfast Hero barrel rolls into the computer room, spies the computer and dives for the keyboard, hoping to get someone, anyone to answer these questions*

*cue talent...actor...dude in the way of the camera*

(madly typing 12wpm WOOO!) .....Snap here, just got done eating breakfast, and eliminating the robot menace, apparently, and there's something I needs to know.

What is your favorite meal? I mean last meal on earth favorite, dining with a supermodel favorite, I'm RICH beyatch I wants me some o'dis shit favorite? What's the one dish that you would forsake all others in order to nom it all yourself?

WAIT-T-T-T!

The other part of this is where it gets even more, (!) that's right MORE better.

Because we are scattered all around the globe (+1 internetz) there are a TON of different regional flavors that we all have never tried.

What is your favorite recipe that you feel exemplifies (ooooh what a word) the cuisine of your city/state/parish/county/province/region/country the best?

Care to share the recipe so the rest of us might partake?? Thank You very much!

And in the words of my uncle.............................ALLEZ CUISINE!!!

*karate CHOP!- OW! hard desk is HARD*

Fudgebunny

there is only one meel i have had and was liike wowowow and i would drive the 400 miles back to the resterant to have i again
    there was a little chinease that we found in newcastle when me and my gf were up there on a payed holiday. and we agreed when we get enough money we will go back to just have another meal there

if i could rember what the place was called i would tell you all to go there. but i carnt rember what it is called or what road it was on.
    if i walked around there i would find it again

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Snap View Post
    What is your favorite meal?

What is your favorite recipe that you feel exemplifies (ooooh what a word) the cuisine of your city/state/parish/county/province/region/country the best?
    My favorite meal would have to be:

A Jucy Lucy, a huge pile of fries with mayonnaise on the side for dipping, and plenty of home brewed beer to wash it all down.

If you want to taste something truly Minnesotan then you have to eat lutefisk.
    You can't really make lutefisk since its prepared in lye and such but you can buy it from a store.
    Its usually eaten with butter or allspice.

Quote Originally Posted by babymace View Post
    My favorite meal would have to be:

A Jucy Lucy, a huge pile of fries with mayonnaise on the side for dipping, and plenty of home brewed beer to wash it all down.

If you want to taste something truly Minnesotan then you have to eat lutefisk.
    Dude, isn't lutefisk the stuff that Andrew Zimmern (Bizzare Foods with...) couldn't eat more than a bite of?? Have you tried it? I didn't know you could do things like soak dried fish in lye, eat it, and live!

Quote Originally Posted by bockingboy View Post
    .... i would drive the 400 miles back to the restaurant to have again....

Must have been some damn fine chinese food!

My must have meal would probably have to be Grits and Grillades; it's almost like a spicy beef stew, made with strips of veal or round steak pounded in seasoned flour, pan fried till golden, then simmered in stock with red wine, veg and spices, served over homemade garlic cheese grits (polenta is close). It is so good I would take it to bed and cuddle (...naw, baby, you ain't gained no weight.......gimme another bite....), or barricade myself in the kitchen and threaten anyone that comes near.

Obviously, living in Louisiana is a real blessing when it comes to food (Cajun anyone......anyone?) and I guess the best known dish that says "Cajun" is probably Gumbo.....or Jambalaya....or Etouffee *drool* -- uh-sorry - so recipes from hereor here will give everyone something to start with.

DominatingMommy

There is a restaurant in Key West, Florida called Turtle Kraals. They have the best crab cakes I've ever eaten in my life. They have bits of mango in them. Served with Yucatan rice, black beans, and fried plantanes (I think I spelled that right.) Just yum!

As for regional cuisine, I make some pretty damn good fried chicken, mashed potatoes, pea, salad, homemade biscuits, and peach cobbler. You must have sweet iced tea with this also. This just happens to be my favorite meal that I make.

Mako

It's hard to pick a meal off the top of my head, so I'll throw out a few ingredients I love first. Grilled zuchinni, goat cheese, feta, and black olives. I worked in a restaurant for a while with a heavy greek influnece and got addicted to them. And on a pizza or in a panini with chicken and tomato, it's heavenly comfort food.

For a plain meal, strawberry pancakes. I have a huge thing for breakfast in general despite usually sleeping through it. Sausage, scrambled eggs, french toast, waffles, oatmeal, toast, english muffins, etc. But strawberry pancakes are the best, and Tal makes me hungry quite often now >.>

For my city, it'd be the Persian. It's a cinnamon bun but it's coated in this sweet strawberry/raspberry icing.
    Also due to our heavy Eastern European population we also have Perogies everywhere. They're dumplings that we fill with mashed potato and cheese mixture, then fry them with onions. They'll commonly be served with crumbled bacon bits, sour cream or sauerkraut.

As for my country, definitely Poutine. French fries topped with cheese curds and gravy, it's awesome.
    Last edited by Mako; 08-Jun-2010 at 10:26.

Best meal: I went to this fantastic all you can eat seafood buffet once. $25 and they had every kind of sea food. Loved it all

My city? Any Italian food. The best thing about this city is that when you order a pizza, it's made by real Italians.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    They're dumplings that we fill with mashed potato and cheese mixture, then fry them with onions. They'll commonly be served with crumbled bacon bits, sour cream or sauerkraut.
    Please, sir, perogies need no introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Snap View Post
    Dude, isn't lutefisk the stuff that Andrew Zimmern (Bizzare Foods with...) couldn't eat more than a bite of?? Have you tried it? I didn't know you could do things like soak dried fish in lye, eat it, and live!
    Why yes, I have tried lutefisk .... its an acquired taste.