Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im addicted to my collars

Garthcub

Default Im addicted to my collars

i recently bought a collar and it fits (just) but today i got the urge to buy another so i did now i cant stop wearing a collar, i think im addicted i cant seem to sleep without my collar being on. I even wore my collar in public today once i took it off but had to put it back on as it feels like its appart of me, should i stop wearing them or continue i also feel a cumpulsion to buy more in different colours for variety. I love showing my furry side but is this too far.(btw in a lion cub :3)

Eh...Don't buy more, but certainly indulge...Just don't wear them where it is obviously not appropriate (i.e. dinner with the family, on a date, on a fancy boat, etc.). It's only bad if they interfere with your life, or your social life, or love life...I think that's the APA's criteria for a healthy fetish. Good luck with your collars. Collect if you have enough money, but don't let it take over your life.

I wear mine everywhere Only time I take it off is around Squigma's parents. My own family doesn't care, though my younger cousins kept asking about it.

There's nothing wrong with wearing a collar anywhere that's semi-appropriate (I wouldn't wear it to a job interview, for example -- any situation in which I'd be expected to dress formally -- but besides that I see nothing wrong with it). Buying lots in a short space of time doesn't seem wise, though; especially if you can't afford it. Go slowly

I have one too, and it may feel like you "must" have it on 27/4. But it's not a good idea. You can wear them, but only when it's appropriate. For instance, you wouldn't wear one around a children's area (it's absurd and most parents wouldn't like it). You can collect, but like Grizzly said, don't indulge. BTW, lions don't wear collars. :I

Garthcub

Quote Originally Posted by Inu View Post
    I have one too, and it may feel like you "must" have it on 27/4. But it's not a good idea. You can wear them, but only when it's appropriate. For instance, you wouldn't wear one around a children's area (it's absurd and most parents wouldn't like it). You can collect, but like Grizzly said, don't indulge. BTW, lions don't wear collars. :I
    inu well this lion cub does :P :3

As long as its not interfering in your life I say go for it. Only worry when it only thing you think about. And wear them where you want. If someone doesn't like it they can go crawl in a hole. Just don't go over bored in buying them they can get expensive.

How is it "too far"? Is it causing anything bad other than being a little scary how fast you've taken to it?

The newness will wear off in a little bit. If you wear it for a long time, you'll get the same something-is-missing feeling like you've been wearing a watch or a hat for a week and then go out without it, but that'll fade after you've had it off a while. If I've been wearing it for two weeks straight it can be a long while, but it will.

Don't go buy them all, you'll just go broke. Save up, and just every now and then get one. My way is I only buy them when I find one that will feel different from the others in my collection (I have perhaps a dozen). After you have a couple nylon ones and a couple leather ones, it'll be pretty infrequent that you find something really different.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzy View Post
    on a fancy boat, etc.).
    Note to self Grizzy comes from the late 1800s and apparently lives in the Mississippi river basin and his preferred mode of travel is luxury steam paddle boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuno View Post
    Note to self Grizzy comes from the late 1800s and apparently lives in the Mississippi river basin and his preferred mode of travel is luxury steam paddle boat.
    I wouldn't mind travelling in a luxury steam paddle boat. Could be fun!

I have only worn a collar once and I'd have to say that it was amazing. If you say its just a fashion statement you shouldn't have trouble wearing it in public.