Thread: Intro and what not...

Default Intro and what not...

Hey all,

I'm a long time lurker on online AB/DL communities, but I'm typically too shy to introduce myself and actively participate. However, some clever admin designed a system for weeding out the lurkers around here, and I guess it's pretty effective, cause here I am.

So, hello!

For those you taking the time to read this, I'll share a few details... I'm 25 years old from Ontario Canada. I am currently a doctoral student in physics. My biggest interests are video games, photography and sports (especially hockey and baseball). As for the theme side of things, I guess I consider myself part AB and part DL... Usually, I stick to reading the stories on the site. I do write my own and have been contemplating sharing. I write for myself mostly but I figure I might find an audience here who would appreciate my work, so I'm considering it carefully.

Anyways, thanks in advance for the welcome!

I'll try to post bit more now that I've broken the ice.

There's baseball in Canada? O_o Who knew...?

Physics... I was going to try that, but I got lazy and decided to work on linguistics. Hoping to go to university for French literature right now.

Video games... so PC or console? What consoles? What genres do you play?

Hi Lupine, I am glad you were ' forced' into introducing yourself. I am sure you will enjoy the time you spend here, this is a nice place to visit. Maybe, sometime, you could explain the latest thoughts and theory on extra-dimensional space as it relates to quantum entanglement. Have fun.

Welcome!

No need to be shy; we are very friendly here and we have cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    Welcome!

No need to be shy; we are very friendly here and we have cookies.
    Cookies are for VIPs only. Thanks, though.

*nom nom nom*

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    Cookies are for VIPs only. Thanks, though.

*nom nom nom*
    Shhh puppy, cookies are for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    Shhh puppy, cookies are for everyone!
    Does EVERYONE know that joke, now? D:

Off-topic, but yes Zephiel, everyone knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    There's baseball in Canada? O_o Who knew...?
    Judging from the Jays attendance figures, not many people... :p

Video games... so PC or console? What consoles? What genres do you play?
    If I'm playing PC, I'm either playing WoW (damn game...) or an RTS. I have a good number of consoles, new and old... from the current gen, I have PS3 (mostly for FFXIII and first person shooters) and the Wii (mostly play platformers or Mario Kart).

Quote Originally Posted by fifigal View Post
    Hi Lupine, I am glad you were ' forced' into introducing yourself. I am sure you will enjoy the time you spend here, this is a nice place to visit. Maybe, sometime, you could explain the latest thoughts and theory on extra-dimensional space as it relates to quantum entanglement. Have fun.
    Hmm.. cosmology, eh? Well, I'm far from an expert in that field... closest thing I've come to that was an undergraduate course on general relativity (and I don't remember much of that ). There's so many different areas of research in physics... I can only claim to have in-depth mathematical familiarity with a very narrow topic of research. But if I see some physics topics pop up in the forums, I may chime in.