Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting rid of the bottom tapes?

Post Getting rid of the bottom tapes?

I am thinking about trying to cut off the bottom tapes of adult diapers i got. it is more babyish and it feels less restricting than all 4 tapes. I would cut the curve of the diaper on the sides to go to just the one tape? has anyone tried this?

Generally it's a bad idea to cut off the bottom tapes, as it loosens the fit of the diaper and can cause leaks. However, if you still want to try, I'd recommend just using scissors to cut of the bottom tapes of the diaper, and if that feels wrong, the top tapes. I guess just experiment to see what you like best.

I actually like having nice snug diapers, so I keep all four tapes. But I guess if it works for you then go for it.

won't that make it easy to leak around the back of the legs? if i pop a tape on the bottom at night i get a wet bed every time. if i pop a top take i end up getting leaks from everywhere. if all 4 are taped and i end up on my side it leaks from between the tapes. i would like the large to come in a 6 tape instead of 4 - like the med ones.

most of the time you can just rip them off, if you cut them you end up with the jagged edge, most diapers tapes are pinched together at the base of the tape, you can peel the whole thing off sometimes also

I have used the 2 top tapes only. I can't really say that it affects the way the diaper fits and how snug it is. That might be different depending on the diaper and the body shape though. Anyhow, I never cut them off, I just tucked them in after the 2 top tapes are placed. That works for me perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by tbchris View Post
    won't that make it easy to leak around the back of the legs? if i pop a tape on the bottom at night i get a wet bed every time. if i pop a top take i end up getting leaks from everywhere. if all 4 are taped and i end up on my side it leaks from between the tapes. i would like the large to come in a 6 tape instead of 4 - like the med ones.
    I was going to mention the same thing. The bottom tapes are usually what creates the "seal" around the legs to keep it from leaking.

I would think if you remove the bottom tapes, it wouldn't be tight enough to create any kind of seal around the legs, allowing for everything to leak out.

I have tried this before when I bought a pack of small size nappies. Because I normally wear a medium, I could not do the bottom tapes up. So I used only the top tapes which fit fine, pulled the bottom tabs off and tucked in the excess plastic. The result was actually very good. They fit comfortably around the legs because of the smaller size. It's a great way to get use out of nappies/diapers which are slightly too small. If I did this with a medium though I would just get leaks like previous posters have mentioned.

have the users who have problems with leaks considered useing... Tape? just a roll of masking tape?

I suppose that would cost a bit if you were incon..

Quote Originally Posted by Claw View Post
    have the users who have problems with leaks considered useing... Tape? just a roll of masking tape? I suppose that would cost a bit if you were incon..
    already get them in 6 to a pack. just don't use it all the time but yes it does help a lot.