Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animal Abuse

Default Animal Abuse

This days to many animals are abuse and beaten, its not right. Something has to be done. I found this video on youtube. It is so right There are No Bad dogs Only Bad Owners. Please remember to spay/neuter you animals.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yLV6vzucBZ8&feature=related

This days to many animals are abuse and beaten, its not right.
    Believe me, animal rights are better than they ever have been in the past, and I believe that the authorities do all they can to stop it. However, much like... well, human abuse, it can never truly be stopped.

Its hard to say that animal cruelty must change. Its just like violence on women must change. The best that anyone can do is put in programs to help such as foster dogs that I've heard of in the states, I know we certainly have that here. Where the dog waits with a loving family until it can be addopted properly.

Yeah, abuse is a major problem. People beat, and starve thier animals, and it's just plain sick. I never have understood how people can do that to animals. If I did that to an animal, it would hurt me on a deep level and I don't think I could forgive myself. I don't know how people can do that and not feel bad about it, it's just mind blowing.

It is very sad on many levels. The people that do the beating are usually like the ones that beat on weaker people. A lot of wife/children abusers start with abusing animals. That is one of the signs that parents need to watch for as children grow up. They may be dealing with anger over a situation they are keeping inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexa View Post
    That is one of the signs that parents need to watch for as children grow up. They may be dealing with anger over a situation they are keeping inside.
    If your kid is torturing animals, I think you have a lot more to worry about than just 'anger'. That's a sign of a sociopath, that is.

Yeah, a few of the TV programmes I've seen about psychopaths/sociopaths they start out with animals as children.
    Bless.

Animal abuse does suck, all abuse sucks.
    Personally I rank animal abuse way below human abuse though. So I'm afraid I won't be able to start fixing the problem until I end all human suffering first.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    Personally I rank animal abuse way below human abuse though. So I'm afraid I won't be able to start fixing the problem until I end all human suffering first.
    It depends how you look at it though..If a human is attacked, they can yell out for help, call the Police, as well as fight back with physical force. Dogs and cats can fight back with claws and teeth, but they are not able to yell for help. They are much more helpless than we are, in other words.

It is hard to kill a human by depriving them of food and water. Humans can get themselves those things, so unless you isolate them entirely from them, they probably won't die. Pets on the other hand, cannot do that. They are dependent on humans to get them food and water. Because of those two things, animal abuse is as bad as human abuse, imo.

Abuse is abuse, period. To me it doesn't matter whether it's an animal or a human, it's still a sick thing to do. Nothing good can come from it. Luckily the Police are cracking down on these people, and giving them what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromos View Post
    It is hard to kill a human by depriving them of food and water. Humans can get themselves those things, so unless you isolate them entirely from them, they probably won't die. Pets on the other hand, cannot do that. They are dependent on humans to get them food and water. Because of those two things, animal abuse is as bad as human abuse, imo.
    Never had a cat have you?
    If I forget to feed my cat it'll get itself bird/mouse. And then leave the remains on my floor.

But anyway, I get your point. What I meant was that I value humans more that I do animals, which is why I think it's worse. But I agree that pets are more helpless that most humans. Of course children are just as helpless as pets though...

I think people should have to get licences to have pets...

I agree, abusing any living creature is sick and wrong. I would probably treat someone who abuses animals the same as I would treat someone who beats and/or rapes people.