Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quick one...

Default Quick one...

I am trying to think of something that a friend(female) and I can do to hang out with each other. We have hung out once and I want to do so again. Last time we went to a Chinese Restaurant. So, what else could we do together? Mind you, this is a VERY foreign concept to me(hanging out with a girl), so pardon my ignorance of not knowing what to do to socialize together. Does anyone have any ideas???

Sounds like a date... I've NEVER gone to dinner with a "just a friend".

Try the movies. That's something I HAVE done with just a friend, but could still be considered a date.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    Sounds like a date... I've NEVER gone to dinner with a "just a friend".

Try the movies. That's something I HAVE done with just a friend, but could still be considered a date.
    Nope, just friends, she has a boy friend. I have no plans to advance further than friends. I have thought of the movies before, but it seems pointless...i mean, how can you socialize at the movies, or while watching a movie? What activities are there to do where we can hang one on one and socialize, without it seeming like I am up to something more(mission to be more than just friends)?

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Nope, just friends, she has a boy friend. I have no plans to advance further than friends. I have thought of the movies before, but it seems pointless...i mean, how can you socialize at the movies, or while watching a movie? What activities are there to do where we can hang one on one and socialize, without it seeming like I am up to something more(mission to be more than just friends)?
    Um... nothing? In my experience "friends" don't hang out to find out about each other. They hang out to have fun. Go to a movie if you want to just hang out. If you want to have fun find something you both mutually enjoy. Laser tag, paintball, minigolf, video games, board games... regular friend stuffs.

Um... nothing? In my experience "friends" don't hang out to find out about each other. They hang out to have fun. Go to a movie if you want to just hang out. If you want to have fun find something you both mutually enjoy. Laser tag, paintball, minigolf, video games, board games... regular friend stuffs.
    So, by me asking this girl to hangout one on one, I am sending the wrong message to her that I want something more? So that could be a reason as to why she does not respond to my calls or messages on wanting to get together and do something?

Most likely.

Girls and guys don't hang out one-on-one until they know each other well enough... actually, most friends don't hang out one-on-one until they've gotten to know you a bit more.

Asking anyone to hang out one-on-one when you hardly know each other right away sounds like a date. Hang out with her at school, or in a group.

I am trying to think of something that a friend(female) and I can do to hang out with each other. We have hung out once and I want to do so again. Last time we went to a Chinese Restaurant. So, what else could we do together? Mind you, this is a VERY foreign concept to me(hanging out with a girl), so pardon my ignorance of not knowing what to do to socialize together. Does anyone have any ideas???
    You could play a rousing game of "hide the salami." ...

Most likely.

Girls and guys don't hang out one-on-one until they know each other well enough... actually, most friends don't hang out one-on-one until they've gotten to know you a bit more.

Asking anyone to hang out one-on-one when you hardly know each other right away sounds like a date. Hang out with her at school, or in a group.
    So, what does that mean that nI was able to hang out with her for the first time one on one? Is that a reason why she isn't returning my calls or responding to my invites?

So, what does that mean that nI was able to hang out with her for the first time one on one? Is that a reason why she isn't returning my calls or responding to my invites?
    "Calls" + "invites" == plural. So you have called AND invited her to stuff and she doesn't answer? GET OUT! If you keep trying to talk to her you will be slapped with a stalking/sexual harassment charge. Forget about her.

"Calls" + "invites" == plural. So you have called AND invited her to stuff and she doesn't answer? GET OUT! If you keep trying to talk to her you will be slapped with a stalking/sexual harassment charge. Forget about her.
    He is right. This sounds like stalking. If you keep trying to call her, you are just calling for trouble. For starters, it just seems a little strange for friends of opposite sex hanging out together one on one when she is in a relationship. Second, the message that you are trying to say is bad not only for her but her boyfriend as well. Stop trying to call her, because the last thing anybody wants is a stalker. No offense but this is what I am seeing in this scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    You could play a rousing game of "hide the salami." ...
    I am sure I created the word rousing. Its just a classic word.