Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Enthusiasts

Default Car Enthusiasts

I've been thinking. Are there any car enthusiasts right here?

Be it American muscle cars to dinky Japanese roadsters.

I'm more into Japanese cars, driving Skylines and Evos are my preferred ride. Tuning a Skyline to 1400bhp is my dream.

I'm purchasing a '92 Civic ESi soon, and I am seriously considering dropping in a B20 engine with a custom manifold, turbocharger to boot with fuel injectors. A straight through exhaust fitting to increase overall performance by a tad. Shortshifter and the works. Boost controller in tow and I might have the engine blueprinted if I can spare the cash. Was also thinking of reprogramming the VTEC to fully open at 3K rpm rather than the standard 4.5K.

Anyone knows how to spoof it up some more?

Here's one!

I'm also more into Japanese cars. Cars like Nissan Silvia S13-S15, Skyline R32-R34, 350z, 200sx, Mitsubishi Evo, Subaru impreza, Toyota Sprinter Trueno aka AE86 etc. are my dream cars and I want to own one of them in the future.

I think those modifications will be good

Ive been thinking when I got my driving license next year I'm going to buy Japanese car like Civic, Corolla, Primera or something. I'm going to spend more money to outfit than under the bonnet. Bodykits, spoilers, rims...
    But turbo is never a bad thing

Darkfinn

Cars... naw... IDK much about them. I prefer american 4-cyl performance over imports though.

I'm currently driving a 2006 Chevy Cobalt SS... supercharged... ~240hp to the wheels. I'm in the slow process of rebuilding a 1989 Dodge Daytona with a 2.5L turbo 4. Should be a heck of a sleeper in a few months.

It seems pretty much that we have dreams for our cars.

Dorikin, it also depends on what you want the car to do. Each car has its different characteristics. If you want to do track, I suggest to go for an Evo, maybe an Evo VIII GSR or MR. If you want to just put it up for show, a Silvia, Skyline, Evo and Impreza would be good choices due to the selection of aftermarket parts.

Look at a Civic for its roadworthiness. A Corolla wouldn't be all that bad either. Or a Toyota Camry if you can afford it. I drove it quite a few times and find the car pretty okay. A driving license is definitely an asset wherever you go. Good luck in getting the license ASAP!!!

Holy crap. 240bhp! That should be a stock model. Imagine if you just reprogrammed the ECU some and fine tuned it, man... You'd be a speed demon!

Too bad there ain't such cars in Singapore. Would like to try a hand at rebuilding an old car. Something like a 1964 Mustang. Haha. Big wish.

Count me in!

But I prefer muscle cars! In fact, I work on them!

The overseas cars are alright as far as driving them, but working on them can be a hassle..
    Last edited by Drosera; 29-Apr-2008 at 21:30.

Darkfinn

Quote Originally Posted by gogg3r View Post
    Holy crap. 240bhp! That should be a stock model. Imagine if you just reprogrammed the ECU some and fine tuned it, man... You'd be a speed demon!
    The car is lightly modded. I/H/E... injectors... 16PSI pulley... and ECU tune. It was ~210 stock. A few of the boys in my car club are well over 300. I don't need a speed demon... this car causes enough trouble as is.

yep, am a huge enthusiest but have crossed the "car geek" border as of recent. Currently drive a 1997 Lexus SC300 5-speed (the last year they made em.) If you don't know what it looks like, its basically a Toyota Supra non-turbo with a heavy tuxedo on, while still staying a LOT cheaper. I have dreams of a 3UZ mated to my 5-speed W58...oh whoops, did it again...what i mean is i want the Lexus SC430 engine (4.3 V8) mated to the manual transmission already existing on my car. Not very easy as i need a custom flywheel and an adaptor plate, not to mention replacing some OEM parts in between...for now though i need to get rid of my rice-a-roni rims that the last owner installed as they are too heavy and killing my gas mileage (premium gas FTL...). Im going drag racing for the first time tonight, don't expect much though, probably high 15s, low 16s...

Quote Originally Posted by gogg3r View Post
    Too bad there ain't such cars in Singapore. Would like to try a hand at rebuilding an old car. Something like a 1964 Mustang. Haha. Big wish.
    Well, you're in Japan's side of the world with right hand drive so you have access to all the Japanese cars we Jap tuners all crave over here. I know because i lived in Kuala Lumpur for two years might want to look into buying a Lancer Evo or even a Silvia...or maybe a Proton....

I have been know to be a car nut myself, I have a honda civic right now an 07 LX coupe, 5 spd, I like it very much, and I like the 38 mpg better.

I also have a 08 Silverado pick-up SWB 4wd, nice truck not to many miles to a gallon like 15.

And I have a corvette an 02 Zo6, that I don't drive too much, I'm trying to keep the miles low for resale, next summer I hope to get a new one, but not a Z, I can't see 80K for a car.

And I have ATV an 06, honda rancher for polwing snow.

I am into cars. I currently own several with my daily driver being a 1995 Taurus SHO 5 speed. It is quite quick and sufficientlly munches most rice. It has a 220hp Yamaha (yes Yamaha) v6 engine putting out 200 foot pounds of torq. It is pretty nice, just ask Ballucanb. Oh and his vette is pretty sweet looking also.Fastest I've had it up to is around 137 mph.