Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have I Become Jaded?

Jeffy

Unhappy Have I Become Jaded?

Ok, what has happened within the past month has been nothing but good things.
    I've been getting massive amounts of overtime at work, I'm living in a brand new apartment that I love very much, and I'm currently living here with two other cubs (they currently don't have jobs, and if they don't get jobs soooon then they're gonna have to find somewhere else to live >.> *glares across the room*), also I haven't had to pay for internet quite yet because I'm picking up a half-way decent signal.
    Anyways, everything has been utterly FANTASTIC and I really have nothing to complain about, except for the lazy cubs sitting in the living room and the fact that I'm currently at the most un-cubby I've felt in 10 years. It all started about two weeks before I moved out of Kitsuno's place, when my hours at work picked up, and the stress was on... All I wanted to do was have a place of my own again and be independent, which, so far, I've been doing a pretty good job of! I even ordered a case of Binos not too long ago and they should be arriving soon. The problem is that, when they do arrive, will I want to use them? Or even wear them? Even the cub roommates have noticed that I've been a little short, and distant. And I've tried to explain to them that I've been under a lot of stress at work and I don't have much energy when I get home, but jeez I don't see why I just can't regress.
    One of them (not gonna name any names here) even went so far as to say that I'm more fun on the internet than I am in real life (and I'm usually a pretty fun and fun-loving person) and that really hurt my feelings because I know that I haven't been cubby as usual, and I still don't completely know why. I've been under more stress before in my life, and cubbing has brought much relief from that stress. I'm not sure what to do about it this time. I just don't have the desire to be cubby, and I realized that living with other babyfurs isn't as awesome as I thought it would be.
    All I want is to feel cubby again T-T

Lo! Jeffy is become Jaded, devourer of pleasures! :-p

Sounds to me like it's
    1.the stress caused by making the transfer from fantasy to reality,
    2.work stress getting you down
    3.you've binged too much recently and you're full up atm

Give it a month, maybe cut back the overtime a little, either you'll work it out or you'll have a huge fight with your lazy cubs and you'll all end up hating each other and your fetish :-s

Welcome to the wonderful world of adult-hood. Isn't it great ? Things may seem to suck right now, but give it time, you will adjust and eventually find the time to re-indulge in the activities that you used to enjoy. Good luck.

Jeffy

Quote Originally Posted by riddle View Post
    1.the stress caused by making the transfer from fantasy to reality,
    I've been out on my own before, and I've been under much more stress before (like 5 hours a week on minimum wage with $675 due in a month)...

2.work stress getting you down
    It IS stressful work, albeit. But not THAT stressful. It's just manual labor, I mean, come on.

3.you've binged too much recently and you're full up atm
    I haven't cubbed in close to a month and a half...

Quote Originally Posted by fifigal View Post
    Welcome to the wonderful world of adult-hood.
    Jesus Lionchrist... don't remind me >.>

Isn't it great ?
    Nope.

Things may seem to suck right now, but give it time, you will adjust and eventually find the time to re-indulge in the activities that you used to enjoy. Good luck.
    Thank you for the loving support <3

I'd suggest padding up when your bambinos arrive and getting a pacifer. Put on a good cubby movie and just chill. Id also suggest snuggling a plushie every chance you get.

You may have just had your fill, you could get a bit saturated with the whole thing if you're kinda surrounded by it. I know what you mean, though. When I was neck deep in my school project, doing 70+ hours of work I didn't feel the least bit of AB/DL at all. I didn't have the time and I was far too tired to care anyway. If you don't feel cubby right now then you don't feel very cubby right now.

My only advice is don't try to force it and don't try to fight it. Many AB/DLs have the whole "binge and purge" cycle where they try to get really cubby, then regret it and try to hide or get rid of it all. The best approach IMO is to try and not go overboard in any case, and go with what you feel is right for you at the moment. At least for me, when I've got a lotta stuff going for me and I'm kinda coasting on my accomplishments then the cub stuff goes away, but when I have a break, especially after accomplishing something, it hits me like a freight train.

All I'm saying is these things go in cycles. Put the diapers away if you don't really wanna be cubby right now, it'll assuredly come back later.

Sexuality does that; don't worry about it. Just put your gear in the closet, and in a few weeks, or maybe months, it'll come back. Mine fluctuates on the whole AB/DL thing, on my sexual orientation (never hard-set on anything, but there are definitely times I'm looking more for a particular gender), and on dom vs. sub desires within BDSM.

Someone earlier suggested it may just be that you're busy with work... that does seem to jive with my experience. When things slow down and your brain frees up some cycles to think about sex (or whatever your particular bent on this is), it'll come back.

Jeffy

Quote Originally Posted by Peri View Post
    Sexuality does that; don't worry about it.
    Well my *b/dl-ism isn't sexually driven... Which has me concerned. I mean, I've had fetishes come and go, but me being babyfur has always been the one constant.

being busy gets you from thinking about it i know how that is but make some free time maybe and get padded and relax youll be feelin it in no time

Mako

It isn't binge and purge when there's no shame associated with it. This is perfectly normal. There's been long stretches where I just don't feel the need to wear, especially when I'm working hard otherwise. When I was in a high-stress, hard work kitchen I barely cubbed out IRL.

As for other babyfurs, yeah, that's a common experience. Not just amongst babyfurs, but most branches of geekdom. Eventually if they don't get their act together, you'll need to lay down the law and they'll probably call you an asshole. It's adulthood, it kinda sucks.

So I wouldn't say your jaded, you're realistic.