Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mario Kart:Wii

Default Mario Kart:Wii

I made this thread for people who have bought Mario Kart:Wii and a place to share tips and/or Friend Codes.Anywayz My friend Code is 1418-7135-2400 so if you want to add me post here or else it won't show up =-/

I don't have a wii, but i'd be happy to pwn you if i did. I was the best of my friends at double dash, and we were all really good. We beat an online record for the best lap time at baby park, and unlocked the staff ghost.

I heard that Nintendo screwed the game on the local multi-player and considering I don't have wi-fi or high speed even I see no reason to get it right now. I'd much rather save what money I run by for a 360 package from Costco.

i think this game is awesome... i enjoy the localized wi-fi matches and i don't see any problem other than its mario kart-esque redundancy.

FullMetal

I just got it today. It's really fun. The only thing is the steering, it really does take some getting used to, but I believe once you get it you can really enjoy the game.

完全な金属

I would never use that stupid wii wheel...I can already imagine it killing the whole driving experience, and not even being close to realistic.

If i had that game, I would plug in a controller (not the wii mote at all), and play like that. Call me classic, but I played a driving game on the wii like that before, and I was very upset with the gameplay. In fact, overall, i'm upset with nintendo for the way they went with the wii. No wonder Rare jumped off the boat 3 years ago...Nintendo used to have the edge, but they've lost it to Xbox for now. You can argue you that all you want, but it's true. Xbox and PS3 have WAY better games...AND Capabilities...You don't see a GTAIV for Wii now do ya?

I was at costco and they were selling Mario Kart for 43.99 So I bought it. I will say its pretty cool but I used the Wii Wheel on the frist race and steering wasn't that great. It felt to slow so I plugged in my nunchuk and raced that way. It feels a LOT better. I can't wait till my friends come over I got two wiimotes, two nunchuk's and a gamecube pad.

But all in all the game isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. If you liked mario kart you should like this one.

Also Brian the company rare is dumb now, perfect dark zero wasn't that great at all. The reason is most of the rare team from the golden nintendo age left the company and started the company Free Radical the makers of the great FPS games Time Splitters.

I won't deny I don't want a 360 (I plan to buy one) but the Wii has great titles like SSBB and "The Conduit" is looking to be one of the best First Person Shooter games from a pretty unknown 3rd party company.

Also I only see one game thats exclusive to the PS3 I want and thats MGS4. I just bought my 7th Wii game. But Wii/360 combo is going to be a great gaming setup. PC gaming is cool but it costs a lot and they got to wait months before they see ports.

Quote Originally Posted by diapeybabybrian View Post
    I would never use that stupid wii wheel...I can already imagine it killing the whole driving experience, and not even being close to realistic.

If i had that game, I would plug in a controller (not the wii mote at all), and play like that. Call me classic, but I played a driving game on the wii like that before, and I was very upset with the gameplay. In fact, overall, i'm upset with nintendo for the way they went with the wii. No wonder Rare jumped off the boat 3 years ago...Nintendo used to have the edge, but they've lost it to Xbox for now. You can argue you that all you want, but it's true. Xbox and PS3 have WAY better games...AND Capabilities...You don't see a GTAIV for Wii now do ya?
    Did you know that Wii sales are leading PS3 and X360? In fact, Wii's are selling faster than the X360 and PS3 combine. I would say this is Nintendo's finest system. As for no FPS, it hurts. I want GTA4, but I wouldn't trade my Wii in for any other system. WiiSports alone makes it better than the other systems. With Wii Kart, SSBB and the upcoming Star Fox (it has to happen), I don't see any reason why Wii sales wont continue to sky rocket. As for capabilities, the WiiMote does amazing things, and the motion sensor is fairly well done. The only downside is the lack of HD compatibility, which isn't really an issue since most people don't have a High Def TV.

I unlocked my Mii and I fit in a stroller. XD
    Last edited by g6s; 02-May-2008 at 23:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Also Brian the company rare is dumb now, perfect dark zero wasn't that great at all.
    Well, you are right about perfect dark being a crappy game, but that's because it was a Launch Title for the 360. But Rare is a great company, and if they left Nintendo, they left for a good reason (or 2). Either Microsoft offered them more money, or they noticed the hole in the side of Nintendo's ship, and decided to take an early rescue boat before it goes Titanic.