Thread: The Langoliers

Default The Langoliers

Alright, I know quite a few of you are too young to Know what the heck a Langolier is and others may have just let this little gem pass you by ...

BUT NO MORE! http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/3455/scaryface1.gif

Monday May 31st from 11am until 3pm, that is 2010/05/31 from 1100-1500hrs for some, the SyFy channel will broadcast Stephen King's The Langoliers with full commercial interruptions in all of its original TV splendor for all to see.

For those without the SyFy channel or Televisions, I'm sure one of our more industrious members could upload the video, or find a site to watch online.

My apologies to any Amish members who will not be able to tune in.

And now to the rest of my post, why yes there is more. This is not just a mere informative blurb to be forgotten among the rubble of mundane chatter! It is to be a discussion on how this epic tale of reality made you reflect upon the death and consumption of the past day as well as the birth of a new one yet to grow old and rot as we set our heads to sleep and drift from one reality to another.

Thats the movie where those crazy things eat everything and [ENDING SPOILER]

Quote Originally Posted by Sebine View Post
    I've never heard of The Langoliers, do tell
    The Langoliers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I watched part of the movie before and it's better then most made for TV movies. I can only assume the novel/book is better though.

So far the only book I read all the way though from Mr. King is Apt Pupil, which actully has a pretty good movie version. The book was way more graphic though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    The Langoliers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I watched part of the movie before and it's better then most made for TV movies. I can only assume the novel/book is better though.

So far the only book I read all the way though from Mr. King is Apt Pupil, which actully has a pretty good movie version. The book was way more graphic though.
    I feel like smacking myself, stupid brain, I didnt think to check Wikipedia
    Thanks Fire2box

I'll have to look tomorrow when the Library opens, this book sounds good (the movie was decent, if I'm thinking of the right one)

Quote Originally Posted by Sebine View Post
    Ithe movie was decent, if I'm thinking of the right one
    You are thinking of the correct movie.

I could see this being a new avatar for you Sebine.

I've seen it. Didn't really care for it. But I don't care for much of King's stuff in general to be honest. The ideas aren't fleshed out well, and the dialogue tends to be klunky and unnatural (imo).

The only thing of his I enjoyed was Pet Cemetery.

I couldnt get into 'Pet Sematary' and honestly, I'm a bigger fan of like, Fantasy/Sci-Fi

but King writes good stuff imo, like I'm reading 'Under the Dome' now

I liked the movie right up till they showed the langoliers they just looked way too cheesy and it totally pulled me right out of the movies. Good movie otherwise just went they had gone a different direction with what they looked like.