Thread: Um, hi

Thumbs down Um, hi

I HATE THESE UNNECESSARY TIME WASTING "SECURITY FEATURES".

Isn't my email address is enough? I only want to READ other peoples posts.
    Well, this is me. I don't believe in sites they force you to register just to view posts.

And then the whole you must post an intro to view anything, c'mon. A bit of overkill don't you think?

Loopygone

Not really, we don't like being "stalked" as such. We like to chat with other AB/DL/Incons, and get to know them, maybe form friendships, and have fun.
    Since you don't contribute to the site in any way then you shouldn't really have much say in how its run.

With that said, Hi, welcome to the forums. Care to tell us anything more about one's self?

Okay, so you joined in July 2009 and you're only NOW complaining?

Where have you been for the past 10 months? Perhaps brooding over said hatred towards the security features so you could muster up enough energy to write this post.

Anyway, welcome, I guess.

Mako

As stated, we don't like getting stalked too much. We're a support COMMUNITY. When you get knocked down to lurker status for not posting, it's supposed to be a hint that we want people to participate in the community, not just lurk.
    So here's your chance to get involved, tell us a little about yourself, get involved in a discussion, etc.

Well firstly, welcome to the site.

The reason we have so many security measures in place is that this is one of the only(if not the only) support sites for *B/DLs that allows minors to join in and participate in the community. We only ask that you provide the mods with some basic information so that they can can prove that you're not a creep who could potentially be a hazard to the youngin's on here.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyDJau View Post
    I don't believe in sites they force you to register just to view posts.
    Well, seeing as you already took the effort to register, maybe you could contribute some instead of just causing a ruckus. I would very much like to see you posting around here some, as you seem to be a very opinionated fellow who could have something important to add to the site.

I HATE THESE UNNECESSARY TIME WASTING "SECURITY FEATURES".
    Well posting isn't unnecessary on a forum is it, that is kind of the point of a forum. We are a community and like to know about those of us who join so we learn about them and potentially become friends. This is a place for discussion and with minors here we like to know you aren't someone who could potentially become a threat to them or other members in general.

I don't believe in sites they force you to register just to view posts.
    Then why did you join one?

Anyways, welcome to ADISC.

Enjoy what is already shaping up to be a very short stay.

Mako

Quote Originally Posted by silversnake View Post
    How is this guy a VIP?
    Maybe you should ask why you don't have rep.

The first thing I should say is that you are a member here now. Out of 10000+ here only 3000 are active members. It takes time to integrate oneself here and we try to make sure that the only people that come through these doors are people who are ready to commit to this community. The first post already tell us that you don't want to commit to this community. Might I ask that you redo this thread, accept that you are a member here and lurking around helps no one cause stalking is bad, and make an introduction so that we can truly see who you really are as a person.