Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think is the best cloth backed adult diaper

Default What do you think is the best cloth backed adult diaper

What do you think is the best cloth backed adult diaper

In terms of absorbency or aesthetics? I don't wear so I can't really say anything on the former however, in terms of how they look I like the ABU Cushies. I've heard that ABU in general is dreadfully expensive and about as absorbent as a wet sponge though.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffypop45 View Post
    In terms of absorbency or aesthetics? I don't wear so I can't really say anything on the former however, in terms of how they look I like the ABU Cushies. I've heard that ABU in general is dreadfully expensive and about as absorbent as a wet sponge though.

in terms of feel ,comfort , thickness and absorbancy. cushies are not cloth they are plastic.

I have found that Tena Ultra is a pretty good cloth backed diaper. it certainly "stacks up" the best among the few others I have tried.

Abri-form X-Plus AirPlus (mouthful) is pretty great, in my opinion. It's basically a quiet, cloth-backed version of the regular plastic-backed X-Plus. Slightly more comfortable for sleeping.

Hi,

I like the Abena x-plus air plus diapers. They are cloth covered and pretty soft and quiet. However, with most of the cloth covered adult diapers, as they start to fill up, urine wicks around onto the cloth covering at the leg openings. This goes from feeling nice and soft to having wet fabric rubbing against my legs. I want to change them immediately when this occurs. I do like the cloth covering but this is my problem with it. So, as much as I like the air plus, I order the regular plastic backed Abena x- plus diapers. Just my 2 cents.

Brian

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Heven beat me to it by 6 minutes. Lol

I have tryed the abena and didnt like them. the only other one i tryed is the attends extended care and i really liked them

I like the Kendall Quilted Wings Choice Plus. They are highly absorbent (although I usually use with a booster and plastic pants). Having Velcro to refasten is a definite plus. Also being able to use baby powder without fear of tapes not sticking is another major advantage of cloth backed adult diapers.

i myself do not like the cloth backed diapers as for me they seem to leak more than the plastic backed diapers. i much prefer the real deal and wear super thick cloth diapers with diaper pins and plastc pants. i wear 16 to 18 layer cloth diaper during the day and a 26 layer cloth diaper at night. they are made by Life Styles Emporium well that is my opinion.

I got some Tena Ultima to try them out - they're cloth backed rather then the plastic of regular tena. I have to agree with babyrandy - they did let a little bit of moisture through - more than normal. It's not like they leaked from the sides, I think the papery backing is slightly porous so a tiny bit of moisture gets through. It's not much, but enough to recommend at least normal boxers over the top, preferably plastics or a diaper cover.

On the plus side, they fit well, hold loads and are all white (no coloured band, like the purple colour on the tena maxi) - they aren't cheap though...