Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 100% gender changing?

Default 100% gender changing?

I was wondering if there was a way to actually change someones gender 100% as in even there DNA said they where changed how many people would actually do it. Personally i probably would the idea of it sounds amazing. I know i wouldn't do it with technology we have now because from what i know of sex changes is that they don't do enough, for me to ever do it. So i wanted to know what do people think of something like this.

LilLillyKitten

As far as I'm aware, gene therapy hasn't evolved to that level...

Due to current advances in technology, the actual sex change procedure will only change the body to an anatomical level. DNA can't be altered so by DNA you would still be the gender that you are born with.

Mako

Acutally TK we're not even that far. I know what you meant, but it's just a cosmetic. Anatomical would be functioning. At this point, definitely no, in the future... welll... still probably a no. It's not a template. Women have xx chromosomes and males have xy chromosomes. Changing that is next to impossible regardless of advancements.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    Acutally TK we're not even that far. I know what you meant, but it's just a cosmetic. Anatomical would be functioning. At this point, definitely no, in the future... welll... still probably a no. It's not a template. Women have xx chromosomes and males have xy chromosomes. Changing that is next to impossible regardless of advancements.
    Theoretically, it would be impossible to change gender 100% due to the full molecular structure of the DNA. I knew what I was aiming for, but what kinds of technological achievements can be made more easily even though the current process of sex change operations is pretty good. All I would see is maybe a speedier process but it would still take a lot of time for the body itself to get used to hormonal changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eevee View Post
    hey whats dna stand for??
    DNA= deoxyribonucleic acid

Quote Originally Posted by Eevee View Post
    hey whats dna stand for??

Quote Originally Posted by fifigal View Post
    DNA= deoxyribonucleic acid
    Basically the building blocks of your body, and living things in general.

I think kiba was asking this hypothetically.

By the way, my answer would be yes, seeing as how I'm trans.

We cannot change chromosomes so no, not 100%. We can't perform successful uterus transplants either yet.