Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: summer in MN, o joy the humidity >.<

Default summer in MN, o joy the humidity >.<

Well the humidity has gone crazy the last couple of days and i already have crazy heat rash (hurts sooooo bad). And i basically quit wearing diapers in the summer because of the humidity. I know there are some other members that live in MN so i was wondering how do you beat the humidity and avoid heat rash. Personally i use baby powder but at work i sweet so much and get so hot that it barley works.

Sorry to hear about your heat rash sounds painful.
    I beat the humidity by staying cool with three cold showers a day.

I deal with the heat by just getting over it because I live in Texas and there is nothing I can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuno View Post
    I deal with the heat by just getting over it because I live in Texas and there is nothing I can do about it.
    is it "dry" heat or "wet" heat in Texas? just wondering

Ahh.... Good ol MN. Glad I left...

What you can do is fairly simple, get a dehumidifier for everywhere you frequent. Your home in particular.

Similar Situation here in CT. Just sitting in a room with the AC off and the computer running will make you sweat. Today it easily hit 92 degrees F.

However, nothing, absolutely nothing, compares with the heat and humidity in Dubai during the Summer months. When I was there in August 2008 It was at least 115 degrees F during the afternoons, and nearly 90% humidity as Dubai sits right on the Gulf. Even going from the taxi to the hotel in the shade is pure torture.

I love it hot and humid, I get more done on hot and humid days because I feel so good and happy.

I spent most of the last 2 days working on my yard flower gardens etc. and the temps are in the high 80's and low 90's, don't even have time for my corvette in this great weather.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous kiba View Post
    Well the humidity has gone crazy the last couple of days and i already have crazy heat rash (hurts sooooo bad).
    That's what you get for having all those damn lakes!!!

We're having some hot weather here in Virginia. Today I got in my Jeep as I left work, and the thermometer said it was 99. By the time I got home and parked in the shade it said 90, and we usually are humid as well. It's the price of summer. Thank God for central air.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Thank God for central air.
    I am jealous! The rest of us without central air have to roast and suffer! We rely on fans here, plus one window AC. The worst thing is when it's so hot that I take a bath, but wouldn't know it five minutes later due to sweat. Icky feeling.