Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: im slightly confused about this furry thing

Unhappy im slightly confused about this furry thing

the info i have managed to uster up is that its someone who like to pretend they are an animal?
    although not sure about the magical property thing and do you have to have like a suit make to look like your animal
    oh and what you imagine you would look like is your furfana or something lke that plase fill in the blanks

what a furry is varies from person to person it all depends on what they want/enjoy. a good place to check would be.
    Furries - WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia

Simply put, furry is exactly what you make of it. You can enjoy drawing aardvarks with humanesque features, even plain ones I'd argue count. You don't need to fursuit, you don't need to yiff, you don't need to roleplay, you don't need to do ____ (insert atypical furry thing). Whatever floats your boat pretty much.

The best definition is someone who has an interest in anthromorphic things.

If you're at that point, you're furry. There are of course numerous subgroupings, but even then again you can't always assume a babyfur for instance is into this, that, or something else. You certainly have a better guess as to what people are into in the fandom when they say they are a particular type. For instance wikifur on babyfur I'm not exactly pleased with as I think it represents just one view of babyfur as opposed to the general definition. Hope that helps some, the key thing to remember is the umbrella is very large and everyone under it is pretty unique.

Callaghan

[unrelated]Whats funny is, I am doing a unit in my social studies class, and my teacher called one of the sections of the PowerPoint, "Anthro".[/unrelated]

Doesn't have to like pretending to be an animal. Most would say that one who truly believes they are the animal is the biggest "furry" of all. (this is totally up for debate...)

Mako

Quote Originally Posted by CallaghanTheTerrier View Post
    [unrelated]Whats funny is, I am doing a unit in my social studies class, and my teacher called one of the sections of the PowerPoint, "Anthro".[/unrelated]

Doesn't have to like pretending to be an animal. Most would say that one who truly believes they are the animal is the biggest "furry" of all. (this is totally up for debate...)
    Those are therians... for the most part they're looked on as crazy except by other therians.

. I resent that remark, I am a Therian and not all of us share that extreme view thank you.

Most of us believe we have an animal spirit, but that doesn't mean we haven't accepted that for this life cycle we have a human body and need to adjust accordingly.

What you've said is akin to saying all furries get their rocks off to cross dressing in fursuits and having orgies

Mako

Quote Originally Posted by Colfpup View Post
    . I resent that remark, I am a Therian and not all of us share that extreme view thank you.

Most of us believe we have an animal spirit
    , but that doesn't mean we haven't accepted that for this life cycle we have a human body and need to adjust accordingly.
    Well apparently you do.

I don't believe that I AM an animal, only that my soul is but at this moment in time I am, for all intents and purposes, human

Mako

Quote Originally Posted by Colfpup View Post
    I don't believe that I AM an animal, only that my soul is but at this moment in time I am, for all intents and purposes, human
    Yes, that's a therian. Funny how they always have a mammal soul. Never an amoeba, tree, dung beetle, tuna, house fly soul. I mean surely reincarnation is at work in this belief, so does everyone get one go around the merry-go-round or do you have a billion different souls (most probably insectoids considering their population vs. everything else). Funny how they never seem to show up.
    I find reincarnation to be illogical in general, therians just take it one step further so that the average fur can also see it's off the rocker.

I'm disinclined to battle this out, all I'll ask is that, even if it isnt your own belief, have the same respect towards others beliefs as you would like them to have towards yours.

While reincarnation may seem illogical to you, for many different faiths and belief systems it is an integral part and poo pooing it as nonsensical straight off the mark is unfair and inflammatory.

Being a realist (from my observations of your other posts) would also mean that you wouldn't see shamans as anything but phonies or nut jobs, but my conclusions as to my inner self and soul have the support of two shamans who I've consulted and performed rituals with on separate occasions.