Thread: Plastic-backed Baby Diapers?

Default Plastic-backed Baby Diapers?

I tend to not be up-to-date on baby diapers, but I have noticed it seems that more and more major diaper companies are changing from a plastic like exterior to a cloth one. So my question is; does anyone know any of the baby diapers especially the largest sized ones that still come plastic-backed?

I haven't seen a plastic backed baby diaper in the US for years if there are any its going to be some obscure generic brand. All the major brands are cloth

angelabauer

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceMatthew View Post
    I tend to not be up-to-date on baby diapers, but I have noticed it seems that more and more major diaper companies are changing from a plastic like exterior to a cloth one. So my question is; does anyone know any of the baby diapers especially the largest sized ones that still come plastic-backed?
    Prince Matthew, for several years on ADISC we have discussed the reasoning why manufacturers of baby disposables have converted to the "cloth-like" outer covering. Of course that involves no actual cloth. The inner plastic layer is very thin so more flexible. The outer part of the covering is a more porous soft plastic made with a nap texture so it works with Velcro-like fastening tabs.

The advantage to parents is that hook and loop tabs can be repositioned, which is very important to perfect the fit on an active child. H&L tabs are less damaged by powder or lotion.

For the manufacturer, H&L tabs have a very long shelf-storage life compared to sticky tapes. Cloth-like covering stands up far better when compressed for packaging.

Even economy generic baby disposables are switching to cloth-like.

You can still order Attends Youth Briefs on-line. They are classic poly-plastic outer cover with sticky tapes. Although designed to fit up to 30" hips, they easily close down to smaller than 18" hips, meaning they will fit a tiny person who could wear a baby size 6 disposable. Attends Youth briefs, which are not sold in retail stores, are the smallest adult disposable sold in the USA.

I found with cloth back diaper bad on odor control once wet them you can tell right way becuase there breath able even if small amout .

Thanks guys, I haven't paid much attention to that stuff for awhile.