Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Number 2700: The Death of Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Default Post Number 2700: The Death of Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Human Rights Campaign -White House Endorses DADT vote this week

I know that this may not definitively seal the fate of the repeal for the Don't Ask Don't Tell (DADT) mandate that has been in effect since 1993 to allow homosexuals to serve in the US Armed Forces and compromise that "Witch Hunting" for homosexuals serving was restricted as long as their sexual orientation is kept from knowledge. The ever controversial mandate has been mentioned both in the campaign and in the first State of the Union of President Obama as being on his agenda to end DADT. Although many still think that this mandate should be kept due to either barring homosexuals from joining the armed forces or to prevent any further conflict during wartime, the opportunity has come to pass the vote for repeal of DADT hopefully this week. I personally feel that DADT should come to an end and allow full freedom for any patriotic American to join the Armed Forces regardless of sexual orientation. What is your take on DADT and the possibility of the vote of its repealing?

Also, NUMERO 2700!!!

I agree that anyone should be able to join the armed forces regardless of their sexual preference.

If they repeal it doesn't go back tot the old way of NO GAYS at all? IN the article it talked about a pentagon study group but made no mention of an policy change to allow openly Gay military members. Did I miss it?

Hell yeah, motherfucker. Get rid of DADT and let the LGBT servicemen live open and honest lives. It works great up here in Canada, no reason it can't in the US.

I think if a person meets the requirements to do what is asked of them, then they should be allowed in no matter gender, race, sexuality, and so forth. Some people act like they are the "stereotype" gay person, but I've seen LGBT people who could probably kick my ass any day of week, and on a constant basis.

Mako

Hopefully they'll reinstate those discharged because of the policy if those individuals so choose. A lot of Arab translators were lost, and we kind of need them. It's about time, as stated it worked in the CAF there's no reason it couldn't work for the americans. We had a larger opposition to it inside and outside the military at the time to, so you're starting socially ahead of where we did.

Quote Originally Posted by bgi39jsjw0ggg View Post
    Hell yeah, motherfucker. Get rid of DADT and let the LGBT servicemen live open and honest lives. It works great up here in Canada, no reason it can't in the US.
    i can think of one, idiot soldiers who cant keep their nasty opinions to themselves get the feeling the US army might have more of them

Mako

Quote Originally Posted by silent deadly alchemist View Post
    i can think of one, idiot soldiers who cant keep their nasty opinions to themselves get the feeling the US army might have more of them
    If they are that untrained and undisciplined, they're unfit to be soldiers. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    If they are that untrained and undisciplined, they're unfit to be soldiers. Problem solved.
    i thought that too, but why do i get the feeling that hazing will increase. and little things like that,

untrained, i can understand undisciplined but training doesnt preclude prejudicial judjements,

Quote Originally Posted by ChildishDaze View Post
    If they repeal it doesn't go back tot the old way of NO GAYS at all? IN the article it talked about a pentagon study group but made no mention of an policy change to allow openly Gay military members. Did I miss it?
    Nope. DADT was added as PART of the Gay Ban and an addendum to it. The repeal would repeal the entire act, thereby making it legal to be Gay/Out in the military, as it was before 1994.