Thread: Looking to learn about myself and the adult baby in my life

Default Looking to learn about myself and the adult baby in my life

The "Cliff's Notes" version of my story. The year is 1988 and the setting is NYC, NY. Your protagonist (me), is a gay man in his mid-twenties who is stuck in a really bad relationship, which is eventually heading to a very awkward implosion (another story). But rather than deal with that, he seeks comfort from someone new. He goes into a bar in the West Village called "The Monster", with no real plan other than not going home as long as he can avoid it. There he catches the eye of another, who with the simple act of blowing out a match as our protagonist attempts to light a cigarette, becomes a fixture in his life for the next twenty some years. "R", as he's called in this version, is a very attractive man to our protagonist and their haphazard getting to know one another in this piano/dance bar leads to an incredible leap of faith by your protagonist, in going home with him, to a part of the city where he had never been before. Come morning, "R" confesses a secret desire, he's an adult baby and would really like to show me. At this point, your protagonist couldn't even fake having a clue as to what this meant, but what the hell, in for a penny, in for a pound, why not, right? "R" becomes "Baby B", well padded cloth diaper, plastic pants, white t-shirt, ankle socks and white sneakers and eager to please, any further details would take this to an NC-17 rating...

Anyways, after this unusual introduction, your protagonist gets to know and fall in love with "R", he can't quite wrap his head around the "Baby B" part of him, but in a way, loves him too. If given time to develop, who can say, but remember your protagonist is still a party to another relationship and in the midst of this getting to know one another better process comes the incredibly awkward implosion of that relationship. In the middle of the night and needing a place to stay for a day or two to reorient himself, your protagonist calls the first person who comes to mind, "R". Neither character is certain to this day how this happened, but the day or two turned into four years of a non-relationship relationship. They become a couple to everyone but themselves.

Your protagonist is in love with "R", but "R" comes from a background of abuse, drinking and not so healthy relationships, so he keeps your protagonist walled out even while living in the same apartment, "R" also has a rather complex love/hate relationship with "Baby B" which makes getting to understand him next to impossible. This goes on for the next four years, at which point, your protagonist basically looses it and runs away back home, hence Rick in Salina...

Seventeen years go by, each more or less goes on with his life, but they are seemingly forever attached to one another. Long telephone conversations, for the most part over the years between your protagonist and "R" and even conversations between "Baby B", now "Baby R" and his "Papi", have brought some understanding but not enough. Time and distance hasn't really diminished the love these two plus people have for one another, but matured it, I guess...

Aren't you glad that I gave you the "Cliff's Notes" version of that one? My story, our story has all the makings of a Faulkner novel....

Anyways, all that brings me to why I am here. Despite all the awkwardness, despite all the problems, despite all the time and the distance; love, destiny, fate, karma or whatever you want to call it, seems downright determined to bring us back together (as if we were ever really apart). While I'm not the naive twenty-something I was at the beginning of this and I know that there is an entire community out here, he's still the only adult baby I know. Over the years, he's become much more accepting of that part of who he is and while I've been a part of that, I haven't been a part of the process, only a bystander.

How do I love the adult baby in my life?

Welcome to ADISC! I think your intro is pretty awesome and Light In August was one of my favorite books. I hope you enjoy your time here on this site and hope that your contributions can be as in depth as this. Seriously, I love your intro since it just makes the usual bantha fodder turn into a great story of epic proportions!

To answer your question, in all honesty, I believe it just takes time to adjust to something such as this.

It is rather "awkward" by society's standards, but who are they to decide what does or does not deserve to be part of the accepted in society? I think it is all entirely up to you to decide.

All you really can do is poke around the forums, contribute here and there, and just get used to the idea of *B/DL'ism in general.

Welcome to our community ADISC! Feel free to post around the forums!

Good to see you have a strong hope for passionate love. Many people do not have that.

Quote Originally Posted by tk7432 View Post
    Welcome to ADISC! I think your intro is pretty awesome and Light In August was one of my favorite books. I hope you enjoy your time here on this site and hope that your contributions can be as in depth as this. Seriously, I love your intro since it just makes the usual bantha fodder turn into a great story of epic proportions!
    Thank you for your warm welcome and your kind words. I stumbled across this site in a search for something else completely unrelated, but after a little looking around, it may just be exactly what I really needed anyways. As for my introduction, it's the product of twenty or so years of living it and about an hour or so of really thinking about what I was looking for now that I'm here. I don't know if "R/Baby R" is already a member here or not, but I did send him an email telling him about the site and that I had joined. I didn't tell him about this post though, I'll let him stumble across this one on his own...

Quote Originally Posted by diapersocal View Post
    To answer your question, in all honesty, I believe it just takes time to adjust to something such as this.

It is rather "awkward" by society's standards, but who are they to decide what does or does not deserve to be part of the accepted in society? I think it is all entirely up to you to decide.

All you really can do is poke around the forums, contribute here and there, and just get used to the idea of *B/DL'ism in general.
    Thank you for replying... I think there's more to it than taking time to adjust, after all, I've been trying to wrap my head around the subject for the last twenty years or so. Part of it has to deal with the fact that we're both the product of a very different generation, while we both came of age after the so-called "sexual revolution", some topics just weren't ever covered, if you know what I mean. Another part of it has been definitely his own discomfort in his own skin when it comes to this, that has tended to make the subject a little bit of a minefield between us. The biggest part of it though, for me at least, is not having a frame of reference. That part has been my failing I'm afraid. My only exposure to this part of the world has been through and with him. I understand why it appeals to him, but I've never fully understood why we never really could find ourselves on the same page at the same time. I've always known, deep down, that I've needed other points of view, but I've fallen down in regards to that responsibility. That's why I am here now, to learn what I should have learned twenty odd years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
    Welcome to our community ADISC! Feel free to post around the forums!

Good to see you have a strong hope for passionate love. Many people do not have that.
    Thank you for your warm welcome and your kind words. I've been exploring the site and reading what has already been said, I've learned a lot tonight, but I know that I still have a long way to go. Together and apart we've been through and put each other through a heck of a lot, but despite all that, there's an us and that's worth anything I can do to save...
    Last edited by Trevor; 24-May-2010 at 06:40. Reason: merging posts

I have a gay friend on this side of the fence with the whole AB/DL thing. Glad to hear that you've stuck it out though. Trying to find the right words to explain it all (especially since you've probably heard them all through the years). I mean, there's really no 'explaining' it. At most it's just a fantasy play; all fetish. For some of us there is deep past connections seeming to be related to something that, for some reason, we connect to early on in life and associate that action or event to diapers. Just like for someone that has a favorite stuffed animal, blanket, and the like, they are something that invokes memory of comfort rather than mental pictures.
    Since both of you seem to ebb and flow in comfort, have you thought about setting boundaries to the ageplay?
    Also, welcome and damn good intro.