Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are these considered diapers?

Question Are these considered diapers?

I'm wearing "Overnites for Kids" Dollar General diapers for up to 125lbs. They fit well, but they're kind of thin. I'm okay with this, but are they considered diapers? I kind of like the slim, snug fit. I want to think of them as diapers.

Oh, and the butt of the diaper isn't padded entirely. The briefs have a thick, 4 inch wide rectangular strip going from the front to the back, and have leak guards.

angelabauer

Quote Originally Posted by PacifierGirl View Post
    I'm wearing "Overnites for Kids" Dollar General diapers for up to 125lbs. They fit well, but they're kind of thin. I'm okay with this, but are they considered diapers? I kind of like the slim, snug fit. I want to think of them as diapers.

Oh, and the butt of the diaper isn't padded entirely. The briefs have a thick, 4 inch wide rectangular strip going from the front to the back, and have leak guards.
    Hi Pacifier Girl, Welcome to ADISC.

If you were to post an introduction in the Greetings Section, you will make many good friends even faster.

Personally I am profoundly urinary incontinent, so I absolutely need some kind of absorbent protective garment 24/7. On sites such as ADISC I usually call such garments diapers, but when writing for the incontinence community I use more specific terms such as protective underwear.

Pull-on products tend to have far less capacity than tape-on diapers. Manufacturers of pull-ons market them to people with some bladder control who wet accidentally and in small amounts. If a pull-on were to get very heavy with wetting, it would slide down because the waist elastic can only be so tight. Since most buyers of pull-ons want discreet protection, and since the product will not have much capacity, almost all currently available have hardly any padding across the butt.

This is true of pull-ups for toddlers. Overnites for Kids are a generic substitute for GoodNites, the original pull-up for older kids and teens made by KCWW, who also makes Huggies diapers and pull-ups for babies and Depend adult incontinence products. These days it is very difficult to buy tape-on diapers larger than baby size 6 in stores.

pamperchu

They are pullups to me.

If they're designed to hold urine, I'd consider them diapers, they're just pull-up diapers.

Sounds like a generic brand of Goodnites/Drynites. Still a diaper in my opinion.

I've always considered anything that is designed to catch the uncontrolled release of urine a diaper...if it looks like a duck...walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

but hey...that's just my opinion

-Gus

BrianDuBois

Generic goodnites, as the others have said.

They're diapers alright. More diapers than some stuff I've had on.

Those are definitely diapers. They might not be very good but they can still be defined as being diapers, even if they are of the pull-up variety.

As most everyone has already stated, I'm pretty sure they're considered diapers.

I mean, they're not designed to be underwear correct?

The great thing is, even though they're made for kids under 125lbs, they fit me perfectly. Snug, but not too tight. I'm really excited because this is the second time I've ever worn a diaper, and it's the first time I've worn diapers I bought for myself. The first time I wore a bambino diaper that Pacifiersrus sent me when I bought a custom Nuk 5. I'm really loving this I'm just wearing them for now, not actually using them - however I just started practicing my adult baby lifestyle, so who knows what'll happen in the future hehe...if I ever do "use" them, I'll only pee in them, because pooping would just make too much of a mess. Sorry to rattle on, I'm just so excited about my new diapers x]

---------- Post added 22-05-2010 at 06:22 AM ---------- Previous post was 21-05-2010 at 11:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by diapersocal View Post
    As most everyone has already stated, I'm pretty sure they're considered diapers.

I mean, they're not designed to be underwear correct?
    Well they're called Overnight Pants. Everyone I"ve shown them to on webcam says they're diapers, so I'll go with that.