Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cartoon/Diaper Physics

Default Cartoon/Diaper Physics

OK, a question to those smarter than myself.

Why is it that when I attempt to carefully remove a diaper tape it tears a hole in the plastic of the diaper,
    but when I wear one for a while a tape or two will just pop loose cleanly with no tearing?

I swear it makes me think of Wile E. Coyote standing midair and not starting to fall until he realizes that his feet are not on the ground anymore.
    As long as I don't touch the tape is comes off smoothly and with plenty of tape residue to fasten again.

http://thm-a04.yimg.com/nimage/bac1d97e9dae9b8e

the tapes that come off by them selfs werent fastened good enough...the ones that tear the plastic wear fastened right....thats one of the bad things with plastic backed diapers...most arent good for refastening....

Wow, that blew my mind! Are you wearing pants or some fitting clothing before you change and thus ripping a hole in the plastic cover of the diaper?

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    Wow, that blew my mind! Are you wearing pants or some fitting clothing before you change and thus ripping a hole in the plastic cover of the diaper?
    chris angle mind freak!

I assure you both that the tapes are fastened securely and that it is indeed the act of attempting to remove the tape that tears the diaper rather than clothing or some external source. When I wear a diaper to sleep it is all I have on.

Quote Originally Posted by khaymen View Post
    OK, a question to those smarter than myself.

Why is it that when I attempt to carefully remove a diaper tape it tears a hole in the plastic of the diaper,
    but when I wear one for a while a tape or two will just pop loose cleanly with no tearing?

I swear it makes me think of Wile E. Coyote standing midair and not starting to fall until he realizes that his feet are not on the ground anymore.
    As long as I don't touch the tape is comes off smoothly and with plenty of tape residue to fasten again.

http://thm-a04.yimg.com/nimage/bac1d97e9dae9b8e
    My can be summed up in two words: "shearing force."

You are applying different forces along different adhesive planes (planes of adhesion?).

Bambinos have a nice thick landing strip on the front that won't tear... That'll solve your problem.

(Also, h3g3l is right)

Really? Well, if you're in High School, and your school offers it, I suggest taking IB Math HL. I've heard that they teach you voodoo and black magic there.