Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CaliFUR?

Default CaliFUR?

It's creeping up here soon so I was wondering if anyone on here is planning to be there. The dates are June 4th-6th in Irvine.

Website is here.

BernardFx

I would go, I'm about one hour away. Except that:
    1. I don't have a way to get there.
    2. I don't want my parents to know.
    3. They wouldn't let me travel over thirty miles alone, unless I'm with a friends parent or someone my parents know and trust. :'(

Asher

My band will be down in Laguna Beach between the 3rd and 5th to play at an art festival, so I'll be in the area. I have a good friend (who I found out is a furry) who will be down at Califur, and he might bring me along if the situation permits. However, trying to tell everyone, "Hey, I'm skipping practice, and I'll be back in a couples hours; I'm going to a furry convention!" might cause serious confusion and might not go so smoothly haha!

abc123fred

wow this sounds like a crapload of fun, except yea it'd me near damn impossible for me to get to california

Could do a road trip, it's just a matter of clearing it with your folks, and not letting them know exactly why.

abc123fred

Quote Originally Posted by Albernhei View Post
    Could do a road trip, it's just a matter of clearing it with your folks, and not letting them know exactly why.
    yea, itd be kinda hard to get all the way from ohio to cali without any issues tho. i'd have 2 get a job n some dollars first b4 considering it so i wouldnt hav 2 worry about finances

I'm surprised that they don't hold those conventions around here, to be honest. There are enough people. Come to think of it, they really don't have a whole lot of conventions here at all. Ohio is boring.

abc123fred

Quote Originally Posted by Albernhei View Post
    I'm surprised that they don't hold those conventions around here, to be honest. There are enough people. Come to think of it, they really don't have a whole lot of conventions here at all. Ohio is boring.
    completly agree, the weather suckz n all the drivers are assholes
    i think i need 2 live somewhere warm for a while

You haven't seen asshole drivers until you've been out east. Drivers in New Jersey and PA are some of the worst I've ever seen. As for weather, you've got that right, but you'll be hard pressed to find a perfect state to live in. Actually. I think Cali might be your best bet. Florida and the other southern states are either too hot or have hurricanes, or both. And winters out east suck. Minnesota's nice though. At least the weather patterns are stable.