Thread: Luvs are plastic baby diapers in disguise

Default Luvs are plastic baby diapers in disguise

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I discovered the other day that if you remove the outer fabric coating of Luvs, it's an ordinary plastic baby diaper underneath! It's pretty easy to do, too -- you just have to pull the decal on the front and it comes right off. Just be careful around the back, as the tabs are attached to the fabric. I don't know if other diaper brands do the same thing, although I know Goodnites does it, but they're really more pullups than diapers IMO. Anyway, I thought that might make someone's day; it certainly made mine!
    Last edited by ManicMunchkin; 18-May-2010 at 04:51. Reason: fixed for clarity

It is a nice feature of Luvs, and another reason why I prefer them over other Baby diapers. Though after you remove the cover, they become a bit sticky (which can be good thing if using them by just setting them in a diaper and taking them out later as they dont shift much).

GoodJams1

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I discovered the other day that if you remove the outer fabric coating of Luvs, it's an ordinary plastic baby diaper underneath! It's pretty easy to do, too -- you just have to pull the decal on the front and it comes right off. Just be careful around the back, as the tabs are attached to the fabric. I don't know if other diaper brands do the same thing, although I know Goodnites does it, but they're not really diapers as much as pullups. Anyway, I thought that might make someone's day; it certainly made mine!
    What do you mean about that?

All diapers are like that.. if they were solely made out of cloth they would just leak right on though in which case their might as well be no diaper at all. This is why cloth diapers always need plastic pants, and why disposiable's will always have plastic on the outside or underneath a cloth like outercover.

Also GoodJams1, he's talking about that goodnites are just larger versions of pull-ups and aren't diaper like since they don't tape on.

GoodJams1

The way I read it was like, pull-ups are more like diapers than Goodnites.
    Thank you for your interpretation Fire2box.