Thread: Facebook Activity

Default Facebook Activity

I was just accused by one of my female friends for "Stalking" her, b/c of a facebook activity that is showing all of her activity to anyone who likes the activity. My question is, what the fuck is an "Activity"??? I did NOT make this about her and did not know about it until she texted me in a rage and told me about it.

This activity shows anyone who looks at the activity everything that this particular person is doing(what they post to their wall, friends walls, pictures, and what others post about this person). What is this?

I am paranoid as hell about this right now, b/c not only is this girl furious with me, but she also happens to be the one I told about my...you guessed it...my diapers! now I am freaking out that she will continue to think that I am responsible for this and she will tell everyone about my fucked up like and that will set off a domino effect of bad things.

Please just tell me what the "activity" is!!!

It takes into account all comments and wall posts between you two as well as liking something that they post. It is very easy to be labeled a "stalker" by someone on FaceBook because of this. There are countless applications to figure out who your "stalkers" or "top followers" are. She is just over-reacting quite honestly.

Basically there are apps on facebook that work out how often you and other peoples pages interact, which includes things like 'liking' their status's or when they join groups, writing messages on their wall, and commenting on their pictures.

It will then tell you who your top followers or stalkers are. It's not really based on any real evidence, and can't calculate how often you actually spend on their page.

Sounds like she's overreacting. In fact, are you sure she's not just joking with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    Basically there are apps on facebook that work out how often you and other peoples pages interact, which includes things like 'liking' their status's or when they join groups, writing messages on their wall, and commenting on their pictures.

It will then tell you who your top followers or stalkers are. It's not really based on any real evidence, and can't calculate how often you actually spend on their page.

Sounds like she's overreacting. In fact, are you sure she's not just joking with you?
    I am sure, she is legitly pissed with me.

Have you thought of getting rid of Facebook? There are too many problems with it, imo. Employers use it to check out potential employees (main reason I got rid of mine). If you want to keep your Facebook just stop looking at her page. If it says she did something, don't like/dislike it, just move on and pretend you didn't see it. If she complains that you are ignoring her tell her you didn't want to look like a stalker. You might also need to just ask to sit down and talk about this. Tell her you didn't mean to freak her out and you were just trying to be friendly.

The internet is mainly a mess. Best leave it be. ...Ironic that I'm posting that thought on a forum.

Yeah, I'd at least avoid her on FB for a while. Don't check her profile, don't wall post, don't 'like', etc. And if you ask me, it's best to abandon FB completely (although I know it can be tough to do so for folks trying to keep in touch with their friends who live far away).

Talking it over offline--maybe on the phone, maybe in person--sounds like a good idea, but I'd recommend waiting for a couple weeks before trying to contact her. She might be over-reacting, or she might be looking for a reaction. Who knows? Either way, the best response is to give her space & time, and let things cool down.

You could strike back. Block her. Drop her as a friend and make her garden shrivel and die. I'm just kidding, and you probably don't want to piss her off. This is a good example of why telling someone else about the diaper thing is not a good idea. You never know what the future brings.