Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Truth

Default Truth

I just thought this was one of the "better" journal-things that get spread around, and I'm curious to see other people's responses as well.

Ten things I wish I could say to people:

1. I'm sorry I can't always be the person to help you with your problems, but that doesn't mean I don't care. I just don't know how to express myself sometimes.
    2. I love you. I understand love is a powerful word with a lot of meaning and heavy baggage behind it, but really- if I'm trying to talk to you, it's because I care. If I say I love you...I really mean it.
    3. I have a hard time saying 'I love you'...but that doesn't mean I don't mean it.
    4. I've got some problems myself, no matter how much I try to hide them and pretend I'm all fine. Inside, I really am hurting, and I don't know what will make me truly happy.
    5. I miss you so much it hurts, but I will most likely never be able to really express myself properly with words- but my actions will speak for me
    6. Do you even like me? at all? Am I just another person in your life with no important meaning, or do I / have I actually made a difference to some extent?
    7. ...am I really pretty/cute/whatever, or are you just saying that to make me feel good about myself?
    8. I'm sorry. I really am.
    9. I'm stressed. I'm possibly depressed. i'm going through a hard time in my life again, but I cover it up. I really want help though...please, help me...
    10. I need help.

Nine things about myself:

1. I'm overweight, and kind of lazy. I do try to make an effort to change both those things though.
    2. I spend a lot of time reading, drawing, or just sitting there thinking.
    3. I absolutely love music.
    4. I've had a rough childhood and my teenage years haven't been any better. Only good thing has been my 3 irl friends and getting better at art.
    5. I'm a bit afraid of change, but I'm open to it if it's a slow, gradual change and I'm aware of it.
    6. I have a bit of a speech problem, where I stutter and slur my words way too often. I think it's partially because I think faster than I can speak, and my mouth can't keep up with my brain.
    7. I may have dysgraphia- a learning disability resulting from the difficulty in expressing thoughts in writing. It makes my life hell everywhere I go, but I don't know where/how to get tested, and if a diagnosis will really do much.
    8. I'm an empath...If you're upset about something, regardless if you tell me or not, I'll realize it and in turn I'll feel whatever you're feeling. This often leads to me getting depressed. >.<
    9. I love talking to people, but I'm so afraid to talk to someone who I don't know. I'm afraid I'll annoy, or come off in a way I didn't mean to.

Eight ways to win my heart:

1. Just be yourself. Don't try to put up a facade, or a fake persona. I don't care if you're shy, if you're emotional, or if you consider yourself weak. Just be yourself.
    2. Help me if you see that I'm upset. Hold me, cuddle me, tell me it'll be okay.
    3. Be faithful to me- really. Don't talk about other girls you meet. I won't talk about other guys I meet, do us both a favor.
    4. Make me something if you really want to give me a gift. Buying something makes me feel bad about myself, because I feel that I'm not worth enough for you to spend hard earned money on. I'd gladly take a bracelet made of string with our favorite colors over a silver/gold bracelet.
    5. Listen to me, let me know you are interested. Talk to me, tell me you love me...But dont swarm me in affection all the time. I like intelligent conversations, I like messing around, I love cuddling and all the small things, but there's a time and place for them all.
    6. Acknowledge the small things I do, or try to do.
    7. Take me out places, introduce your friends to me...But nothing fancy, once again I'll feel bad- and even more, I'll start to feel out of place and anxious. Instead of a fancy restaurant, let's have a picnic at the park with our turkey sandwiches. X3 I love simplicity.
    8. Sorry but you gotta love animals. :P I can't live without them. Also accept me for who I am...a teenager/adult who, sometimes, just wants to be cuddled and fussed over like a child, or play around as a puppy.

Seven things that cross my mind a lot:

1. Why won't my dog sleep next to me in bed?
    2. I wonder how my friends are doing.
    3. I wonder if anyone bothered to reply to any of my ramblings today.
    4. Will my mom be nice today? Or will I get yelled at again?
    5. Am I going to have a better day today? Can I be happy? Please?
    6. My dog. again. <3
    7. Who do I have to draw next?

Six things I do before I fall asleep:

1 .Say goodnight to people in IRC.
    2. If it's hot out, change into boxers and a light shirt.
    3. Give my dog a kiss on her nose or head, and a couple snug-pets- smiling at her wagging her little tail.
    4. Toss and turn a lot...
    5. Sometimes I take my paci out and suckle on it, if i'm not having trouble breathing through my nose that night.
    6. Think about what the next day will bring, and if this day went well enough- and what I can do to change the next day.

Five places I want to visit:

1. Georgia, again.
    2. Europe
    3. California
    4. That one place...where you can stand in 4 states at one time. Yeah , that.
    5. Grand canyon.

Four things I'm wearing right now:

1. Hair scrunchie.
    2. Ipod earbuds.
    3. Jeans.
    4. My collar.

Three musical artists that I listen to often:

1. Imogen Heap
    2. Jem
    3. Adiemus

Two things I want to do before I die:

1. Snuggle an arctic fox, and get a picture of me with it.
    2. Find that "perfect person", and live a good life with them.

One confession:

1. I am really insecure about myself, whether that shows or not. I really want to please people, but I'm afraid to annoy so I often back off instead of trying to talk to someone.

1. Please let me be myself! It's hard enough to even figure out what "myself" really is with everyone expecting me to be one way or another.
    2. I have my own problems, you all have your problems too, and it just depresses me that we have to suffer. We only live once, so we deserve to live happy lives!
    3. I don't plan to have a sex change because it's just way too extremely hard, but I often wish I could be a girl.
    4. We all die someday, sadly, and I bet your riches and money won't matter in the afterlife. (if there is one. and I sure hope there is.)
    5. That's not fair! Find a way to make it fair!
    6. I have finally found out what I definitely want to do as a career or job! No doubts about it!
    7. I sometimes wonder: If we can't let everyone have a decent life, then maybe humanity shouldn't exist at all?
    8. Why are you so mean and judgemental? Can't we all just be friends, or at least friendly acquaintances?
    9. Did you hear that astronomers discovered an alien communication signal from another planet?!
    10. Maybe you would understand me if you could be in my shoes for a day. Sometimes it just seems like no one understands me at all.

1. I have long hair
    2. I wish I had friends IRL, but I'm not good at being social (and it's just very mentally draining too)
    3. I wish my life were easier. I just have way too many problems to deal with, and I'm afraid new ones are waiting in the future. It's like I really need help, but no one can nor will help me.
    4. I watch too much TV
    5. I like science fiction. I wish I could go explore the galaxy like in Star Trek, though hopefully in a safe way where I am not killed by aliens!
    6. I like astronomy
    7. I love music
    8. My fursona is a gray fox. Laely I have considered just having him be a girl instead of male, but I'm not sure.
    9. I wish I could actually be my fursona, but that's kinda impossible. Plus, I guess it's a common thing for furries to wish this.

1. Common interests, or the desire to explore/discuss interests. "Normal" stuff like astronomy, video games, science fiction, etc. as well as "unusual" stuff like furry stuff, AB/DL stuff, etc.
    2. Don't try to make me jealous. No cheating.
    3. Don't yell at me.
    4. Don't be obsessed with sex
    5. Don't expect me to be a manly man. I'm not having a sex change, and I am not completely 100% girly, but I didn't ask to be born male.
    6. Do not criticize me! (unless it's something I would actually want to know. And most criticism doesn't fall under that)
    7. You should love animals
    8. Let me be me. Don't try to change who I am, unless there is a specific thing I want to change as well.

1. I wish I were a little girl. I don't like being an adult. I don't really like being a guy too much either, though it is okay sometimes.
    2. I don't know what to do with my future
    3. How much worse will my life be in a few years? Or will I actually create a future somehow?
    4. Why do I (or anyone/anything) exist?
    5. Money matters way too much in this world
    6. What should I eat? (XD I had to add something that wasn't depressing. maybe another one...)
    7. Where is <cat's name>? ...so I can pet him/her!

1. Eat something
    2. Brush my teeth
    3. Say bye to whoever I'm talking to online
    4. Turn off my laptop
    5. Hope that I have good dreams, but not so good that hurts to know they aren't real
    6. Hug a plushie

(they are not set in stone)
    1. California/Disneyland
    2. Hawaii
    3. Canada
    4. England
    5. space (but that will probably never happen. I'm not gonna pay tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars)

1. shirt
    2. shorts
    3. headphones
    4. regular men's boxer briefs. not a diaper nor something girly.

1. Avenged Sevenfold (one of my new favorites)
    2. Shoji Meguro (makes video game music. also a new favorite)
    3. Alice in Chains (I've known about them for a while and they're a favorite)
    (not necessarily my definite top 3 favorite artists ever, but they are in my huge list of favorites.)

1. I want to meet the right person for me. Some close friends would be nice too. I don't want to be alone.
    2. Just generally have fun, go to interesting places, and create good memories.

One confession:

1. I am afraid I'll die young, broke, and lonely without ever becoming happy nor figuring out what to do with my life. Stress might give me a heart attack someday sooner rather than later. Or, I might just snap one day and end up in a mental institution.

(wow.... this all took forever )
    Last edited by ShippoFox; 16-May-2010 at 09:59. Reason: felt like changing some stuff

it took me about half an hour to do mine, surprisingly. but i find it helps to get the truth out sometimes...things you can't really just say to people in casual conversation, but still want to get out. *snugs ya*

when i get a chance, and some time to think ill do it,maybe

1. Things in your life will be okay
    2. I don't think this will work out
    3. Its not I'm stuck up, It just I am incredibly shy.
    4. If you want to talk, come and talk to me, I don't bite I just am too afraid to go up and talk to you.
    5. Just because you **** everything that moves and kiss ass to get people to like you doesn't make you better then anyone else, in fact it makes you worse.
    6. Stop acting like a complete moron and at least show you can act mature for more then a few seconds
    7. This is how i feel right now
    8. Stop being so down on yourself, I am making a joke not saying true feelings.
    9. I don't like you
    10. I need help.

1. I have a hard time getting any sort of motivation to do things
    2. I am quite shy
    3. I am not good at conversations, much better at listening to people then trying to talk
    4. I switch between a chatty mood and not chatty mood, if I'm not talking to you its because i don't feel like talking with people.
    5. I have a fear of rejection, and falling
    6. Love to joke around, kind of playful but afraid of doing something to piss someone off :/
    7. I care wayyyy too much about how other people feel
    8. Once i get to know you, you might have to deal with listening to my problems, as otherwise I never tell anyone about them :/
    9. Despite all this I still love to chat xD, terrible at it but still like it.

1. Be yourself
    2. Have some sort of self-esteem and don't get upset if i tease etc.
    3. Don't cheat, it is that simple.
    4. Be incredibly talkative xD
    5. Trust me, people who won't trust me really piss me off
    6. Don't be a slut
    7. Put up with me? xD seriously I can be a pain in the ass so anyone that can put up with me is a good thing
    8. Enjoy traveling, I love to travel so it would be great to meet someone that is the same way.

1. What should I do today?
    2. How is <person>?
    3. What do I want to eat?
    4. When is this due?
    5. What did I forget?
    6. I should of gone to bed instead of staying up xD
    7. I should really go to bed soon...

1. Use the bathroom and brush my teeth
    2. Tell people I need to tell that i'm going to bed (most friends on IM)
    3. Put in either a CD or a Movie
    4. Lay in bed?
    5. Repeat 4
    6. Repeat 4

1. Germany
    2. England
    3. Russia
    4. Croatia
    5. Sweden

1. Shorts
    2. Shirt
    3. Socks
    4. skin?

1. Disturbed
    2. REM
    3. Authority Zero

1. Visit most of Europe
    2. Be successful at something

One confession:

I tend to find people my age or younger usually annoying as they act like immature dumbasses, partly the reason I think I tend not to have many guy friends/have a hard time talking to guys :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sila View Post
    I just thought this was one of the "better" journal-things that get spread around, and I'm curious to see other people's responses as well.
    Aside from my response to you, directly, privately, I'll go ahead and participate with my own things here in public.

Crap. You took a lot of the "10 things" from my own thinking.

1. I hate misunderstandings more than pretty much everything else. When I am explaining something, it requires careful attention. Not because I'm a jerk, but because that's how thinking deeply goes. When you blow through things without really reading it, it hurts me.
    2. I care about things and people much more deeply than it might appear. The world and its people tend to do harm to me for this, so I usually don't let on.
    3. Friends--true friends--DO disagree and argue. In fact, it is BECAUSE a true friendship exists that both parties can be so open and plain with the other and sometimes say, "hey ... you're absolutely wrong. Here's why." If I really don't care, I won't invest time to pursue. If it looks like you're irredeemable, I won't bother.
    4. I've got some problems myself, no matter how much I try to hide them and pretend I'm all fine. Inside, I really am hurting, and I don't know what will make me truly happy. [Taken from Sila's list, but true.]
    5. Sometimes in the middle of an intense discussion I will be silent. This doesn't mean that I disapprove. It usually means I'm thinking or surprised at something.
    6. Do you even like me? at all? Am I just another person in your life with no important meaning, or do I / have I actually made a difference to some extent? [Again, from Sila's post, although I tried to get some closure to this in another thread.]
    7. The things I do, the impact I have on people, extend far beyond the obvious and mundane. Yes, it's too subtle to appear effective. No, I don't care.
    8. I only seem aloof because I'm interested in how people will approach me, if they decide to. If they don't decide to, that makes things easier for me to handle, as I don't have to worry they're just pretending to want to talk with me.
    9. I'm stressed. I'm possibly depressed. i'm going through a hard time in my life again, but I cover it up. I really want help though...please, help me... [Again, this is from Sila. Different situations, but I'm pretty far in the shit and I know it. It's a good sign that I know this, but it doesn't functionally help.]
    10. I need help. [From Sila, too. Although I'm pretty sure that there isn't any coming for me. And I'm not sure where I stand on that, to be honest.]

1. I love talking to people, but I'm so afraid to talk to someone who I don't know. I'm afraid I'll annoy, or come off in a way I didn't mean to. [Sila's #9.] Add this to my concern about misunderstanding, and it becomes obvious that I live under constant social tension.
    2. Most of my better ideas will not see the light of day in published form. As they tend to be too far removed from current thought, they are unpublishable in the arena of academic scholarship. Viz: I was at a conference years ago, outlining a thinly-veiled post-Pol Pot underground communication system for Intellectuals, and I fielded a database question. I almost died on the spot.
    3. Sometimes I like to lie on the floor/bed/ground and just think. I'm not slacking; I'm not doing "nothing;" I'm thinking.
    4. I'm about to finalize a divorce.
    5. My self-image has pretty much taken a thrashing over the past ten years, as I was told almost daily that I wasn't good enough and that I didn't deserve the other person.
    6. My thinking about marriage has suffered greatly. My feelings on love and marriage are intact, but take me by surprise such that I almost cry when one person gets a cup of tea and pours two cups, giving the other to their partner.
    7. There are times when I just want to snuggle. Not sexually, but really and truly just snuggle with someone who genuinely cares about and for me.
    8. I hate doing bio-sketches and writing things about myself. It offends me and always feels awkward.
    9. I really worry that I won't pull out of this and that I might have already nosed the plane into the ground, be on fire, and be dead--but just not know it yet.

1. Do not lie to me. I don't care what the issue is; if we're together, we'll deal with it together. If you are trying to be with me, I'll figure you out soon enough--and if you lie, you will be booted out of my life.
    2. It's not all about intellect. In fact, very little is about intellect. Share your time and yourself with me. Show me that you care about me. Show me that you care about the waiter at our table and the door-man at your apartment.
    3. Be faithful. Being cheated on makes it SO simple for me to boot you out of my life, and I won't look back or feel bad for it. So if you want to stray, fine, but tell me first so that we can break up and go our different ways.
    4. Be direct. Sometimes I'll probe just to see what you think of things. Sometimes these probes won't even reflect my own thinking. If you dumbly nod and agree with me, I'll either find you vacuous or too easily swayed. And I don't surround myself with people of either persuasion.
    5. Small things, big things. Both are important, but I can deal with bad small things if the overall trend is good. Good small things where the overall trend is bad makes me worry and bail.
    6. Be realistic. I cannot really move mountains, though I can make good progress in doing so. But if I only complete 95% of a miracle, don't focus on the 5% that didn't get done. That's a great way to piss me off and make me jettison you from my life permanently.
    7. Sila has this one right--simplicity. Be simple. Kisses and an afternoon of cuddling is far more telling than a sonnet about love. I live in a world full of complex and interconnected ideas. The best things, the purest things, should be simple--if love is made complex, it is cheapened and spoiled. If I ask why you love me and it takes longer than a minute to explain, we're doomed.
    8. Be kind and compassionate.

1. This country is hammer-fucked for education.
    2. Why have I given my life over to trying to help, when I could have just kept doing my computer development and made an ass-ton of money?
    3. I wonder what fresh hell I'll see today.
    4. What are my parents doing now? Do they know that I love them but want to have good news to report back to them? Do they know that's why I don't really call often?
    5. When they die, and I'm all alone in the world, what then?
    6. My poor friends. What on earth do I bring to the table for them? Why do they seem to really like me so much? How is it that I deserve such good friends and friendships?
    7. What is that smell?? Why is my butt sweating??

1. Say goodnight to one or two IRC-people.
    2. Lie awake thinking through things. Wondering if the world will ever be sane or make sense.
    3. Pet my cat.
    4. Marvel at my bed. How can it abuse me so?
    5. Think about my friends and friendships.
    6. Read or listen to a radio program.

1. The Netherlands
    2. France
    3. My friend in California
    4. Italy
    5. Russia/Russian Federated States (or whatever they're calling Ukraine now)

1. Glasses
    2. Socks
    3. A grin
    4. An embarrassed shrug

1. Tom Petty
    2. "The Cars"
    3. "Traveling Wilburys"

1. Find someone who loves me for me. Not me-as-I-might-be, not me-but-not-me, but me. And go with them to explore the world.
    2. Have research published in an introductory textbook. Simple, remember?

One confession:
    1. People, as a general rule, both attract and repulse me. So I feel a lot of tension in the public sphere. I usually will engage people in conversation, and feel slighted when they look scared or worried or disgusted.

1. (To parents who let their kids act up in public) "Get your kid under control or I'll do it for you."

2. (To teenagers who wear their pants below their ass) "Pull up your pants, its not cool and you'll find yourself on the pavement real quick if you ever have to run."

3. (To strangers who tell me their problems) "I got problems too!"

4. (To strangers who ask me for money) "Look at what I am driving, does it look like I am made out of money!?"

5. My mind drew a blank as I usually have no problems expressing myself towards those that actually care about what I have to say like my close friends and family members. I am actually quite a nice guy its just some people irritate the hell out of me sometimes and I just want to be left alone.

1. I'm 25 and still living at home
    2. I'm unemployed and having issues with getting a job
    3. I have an introvert personality
    4. I express myself much better in writing and in blogs
    5. I'm able to think better when I am alone
    6. I cannot get along with people that think they are always right all the time
    7. I take my individuality very seriously and will not put up with someone trying to make me into something I am not.
    8. I am a bit insecure about myself, especially in new surroundings
    9. I'm still single to this day

1. Be yourself
    2. Be open minded
    3. Don't cheat
    4. Accept me for who I am, not what I drive or how much money I make
    5. Sadly I cannot think of four other ways as the first four are the ways to win my heart

1. Where is the United States headed?
    2. Will I ever get ahead in life?
    3. Where do I see myself in five years?
    4. Will the economy ever make a full recovery?
    5. Will I stay single the rest of my life?
    6. Is a 2012 apocalypse scenario possible?
    7. Why do I even exist?

1. Take a shower
    2. Take Tylenol PM to aid in sleep
    3. Mess around on the computer
    4. Occasionally will play video games
    5. Get ready for bed
    6. Get into bed and lay there until I drift off to sleep

1. Jeans
    2. Spongebob T-Shirt
    3. Underwear
    4. N/A

1. Don Henley
    2. Billy Idol
    3. Phil Collins

1. Go to Japan
    2. Fire a Browning 50 caliber belt fed machine gun

One confession:

I'm still a virgin

Ishav

These sound very odd but its what I want to say to family and freinds IRL

1. I wished to be different now I only wish I was normal.
    2. I look to the horizon and see only darkness.
    3. You don't really think that way.
    4. Do I really matter to you?
    5. Im only at peace in my dreams
    6. Im terrible at everything.
    7. You're important to me.
    8. I can't help but cover up all my misery with humor.
    9. I have a diaper fetish :/
    10. At least I have you.
    That was depressing
    1. I hear what I like to think is the voice of god when lonely... so messed up.
    2. I constantly question my existence.
    3. Im a fan of sci-fi and fantasy
    4. My fursona is a gold haired wolf because I an affinity for them I have the loyalty of a dog usually and feel the connection of wolves and dogs.
    5. Im a gaming addict the real world is so boring and/or sad
    6. I wish to be a writer when older and often envision myself as the main character of the story I wish to write.
    7. I love physics.
    I'll write more later I need rest

---------- Post added 17-05-2010 at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was 16-05-2010 at 10:42 PM ----------

8. Im fat :C
    9. I look and feel like a cliched nerd from a tv show :S
    Last edited by Ishav; 17-May-2010 at 07:49.

Just a shout out and a thank you to Point. ^^ He knows why.

*snugs everyone*

Ishav

8. Im fat. :C
    9. I look and feel like a cliched nerd from a tv show. :S

1. Be yourself.
    2. Allow me to be myself.
    3. Be kind.
    4. Be romantic.
    5. Be faithful.
    6. Be truthful.
    7. Being able to laugh at ones self.
    8. Express yourself in some way.
    1. How will I die?
    2. Is this voice I talk to really Nous/Hashem/Alah/Jehovah/Morgan Freeman? and what is God anyway?
    3. Does life really have a meaning?
    4. Is there life after death?
    5. Do I think like this merely due to my ego?
    6. When will the world end and how?
    7. Will I ever live the way I want to?

Six things I do before I fall asleep
    1. Spend five mins stroking my dog
    2. Have a bath or shower
    3. Um..masterbate
    4. Stop playing wow/writing on threads/looking at funny vids on youtube.
    5. Hug my pillow.
    6. Try to imagine my story so as to dream of I can dream of it.

1. Jerusalem the old city... also inside the dome of the rock.
    2. The forbidden city in Beijing.
    3. George W. Bush's house... I hate him ill troll him IRL.... seriously

4. Somewhere out of Earths atmosphere... seriously again.
    5. The vatican
    Ill do more later my internet turned off