Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A moral dilemma re: exhibitionism

forward

Exclamation A moral dilemma re: exhibitionism

I have a moral dilemma that I'd like to get people's opinions on.

A lot of my enjoyment of diapers comes from having other people notice them. For example, when I'm out in public, especially when I'm buying diapers, I like to double diaper so there's a visible bulge. Or when I'm staying at a hotel, I always leave diapers sitting on the dresser or bathroom counter so the cleaning lady sees them. Sometimes I drop coins, pens, etc. so that I have to pick them up and make the diaper bulge more obvious.

I want to make it clear that I've never exposed an uncovered diaper to anyone. I've never even exposed the top fringe of my diaper (like by going shirtless). I also don't do anything or have any kind of clothes/paraphenalia that would make people think diapers are a fetish for me. If people notice my diapers, they'd probably assume it's just a medical condition.

Most folks don't even seem to care: I've gotten a couple funny looks when I'm out buying diapers, but that's about it. Most cashiers and hotel maids are very nonchalant about it, and some are even friendly or act sympathetic about the diapers.

All the same, I have this nagging feeling that what I'm doing is wrong. Since most people find diapers/incontinence awkward or unpleasant to deal with, it seems wrong to expose them (however mildly) to a diaper fetish -- regardless of whether they realize it's a fetish.

So is this just an innocuous thrill, or does it rise to the level of exhibitionism? The fact that I have to ask means it probably is and I should stop.. but I'd still love to hear other people's thoughts on this..

Mako

In a sense yes, but you're not attempting to be overtly shocking or consistently exposing people you know to it so I don't find much fault with it. You're sitting near the line of taboo, but I don't think you've crossed it.

Meh, doesn't sound like you're going *too* far with it, but you're coming close if you are actively creating situations in which you show it off(Dropping items)

I'd consider it one of those things that I personally would never do, just because I try to be curtious to others, a diaper is just like any other form of underwear, and most folks don't like seeing someones undies now do they?

But alas, your call overall, what others say shouldn't matter

For many, showing diapers in public is part of it. I occasionally wear in public, but I'm the opposite. I want to be sure that they don't show. We have had many others on this site that have expressed a desire to subtly show their diapers. A few have not been as subtle. Paraphilia has many other fetishes associated with it, and for some, they have several.

My concern would be if you enjoy being an exhibitionist, because like other kinks, those desires could grow if acted upon. Where wearing diapers at home is never a crime and hurts no one, exposing oneself in public is a crime. As long as you have complete control over what you are doing, there is no harm in it. But if one level of thrill becomes common place and you feel that you need a greater thrill, then you might have a problem. Only you know yourself, so only you know how you feel and know where and when to draw the line.

Showing diapers in public is not a crime of course, but most of us on adisc are concerned about our public image. Everyone knows the middle aged fat man found all over the internet, masturbating into his diaper. That, unfortunately, is one of the perceptions that the public has of us. The other is the man wearing complete baby clothes and shaking a rattle. We all want to be accepted, so we have to be careful as to how we conduct ourselves in public.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    For many, showing diapers in public is part of it. I occasionally wear in public, but I'm the opposite. I want to be sure that they don't show. We have had many others on this site that have expressed a desire to subtly show their diapers. A few have not been as subtle. Paraphilia has many other fetishes associated with it, and for some, they have several.

My concern would be if you enjoy being an exhibitionist, because like other kinks, those desires could grow if acted upon. Where wearing diapers at home is never a crime and hurts no one, exposing oneself in public is a crime. As long as you have complete control over what you are doing, there is no harm in it. But if one level of thrill becomes common place and you feel that you need a greater thrill, then you might have a problem. Only you know yourself, so only you know how you feel and know where and when to draw the line.

Showing diapers in public is not a crime of course, but most of us on adisc are concerned about our public image. Everyone knows the middle aged fat man found all over the internet, masturbating into his diaper. That, unfortunately, is one of the perceptions that the public has of us. The other is the man wearing complete baby clothes and shaking a rattle. We all want to be accepted, so we have to be careful as to how we conduct ourselves in public.
    Very well said.

I don't see how this would be public nudity, indecency, or being lewd; people will just assume you are incon. You getting a thrill out of being an exhibitionist doesn't make it immoral in my opinion. I mean if a guy wears baggy pants that hang low enough to reveal his underthings (ew) and those underthings are womens', I would think his revealing them is in poor taste and likely to get him assaulted, but would not be immoral. The assault would be immoral imho, but no less unlikely.
    Last edited by Raccoon; 03-Jun-2010 at 02:58.

I also kinda like wearing in public, but only leaving a subtle clue or hint because it usually never enters people's minds.

Anyway, you should be very careful with that sort of thing and please, contain and limit yourself so that our little padded community doesn't go under attack from less than likable public attention. If not for the ABDL community, please limit your action to reduce any kinda trauma someone else might get. Last thing any parent needs is their child asking, "daddy/mommy, why is that man wearing a diaper?" XD

Even if that kid may become an ABDL themselves, you shouldn't force that kinda thing on anyone.

Mesmerale

Yes, it's exhibitionism.

And yes, it seems acceptable for the time being.

So.. Both.

Just something to consider: Is it any worse than a girl that exposes her thong when sitting down? I think just because it is a diaper, and therefore, "wierd," we are inclined to think it is a worse thing than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ShootsAndLeaves View Post
    Just something to consider: Is it any worse than a girl that exposes her thong when sitting down? I think just because it is a diaper, and therefore, "wierd," we are inclined to think it is a worse thing than it is.
    A girl who is openly showing her undergarments shows a lack of class or sophistication and is probably not a person i'd wanna get to know. Similar assumptions can be drawn for someone with the diaper, but most people will first believe its a medical condition prior to thinking it's a fetish.