Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Umpteenth Time

Default My Umpteenth Time

I went to the local Shoppers drugmart for some more diapers. Funnily enough, this was the first time ever I wasn't nervous at all. I just acted nonchalant about the whole deal.

So, I got right into it and crouched down in front of the adult diaper section of the desserted aisles. I took time to examine each and every brand (a total of 3), and opted for a change (pun intended). Instead of the usual crappy Depends that I buy (pun unintented), I grabbed some Life brand diapers. Tena was the other brand, but they only make pads and stuff.

So I grabbed some medium Life briefs and headed for the checkout. I didn't even bother to disguise myself, but I oddly didn't care. Course, my nervousness grew when I ended up standing in line for 10 minutes. The lady in front of me was having a discussion with her daughter about what kind of chocolates they should buy. They weren't buying anything else. Just those stupid chocolates. And they talked about it, holding up the line, for 10 freakin minutes.

But I eventualy left.

The next day, while I was working out, one of the guys in my gym class came up to me and said, "I saw you at Shopper's yesterday." Much to my dismay. Damn town is so small you can't walk down the street without running into people you know. I wasn't prepared. "I saw you down the aisle."
    All I could think of to say was "Why didn't you say hi?"

If he saw me down the aisle, then that could mean he saw me while I was crouching to check out the diapers on the bottom shelf, or inconspiciously pretending to read the back of a Gold Bon bottle as I checked out the diapers higher up. There was something in the way he smiled, the way he talked, that might suggest he saw what I was buying. It was a nice smile, though, something like "You're secret is safe with me."

I dunno what to think though. Although I'm not chummy with him, he seems like a nice enough guy. Even stranger still, I wasn't embarrassed at all finding out he saw me. There was a split-panic of sheer panic, but I mostly don't care. There are a million reasons I could be buying adult diapers, and the very last is they are for myself.

So I'm not too worried about it.

(BTW: Life brand diapers are even crappier than Depends.)

Hm...Maybe you should go farther out next time...I think for now it would be best to just drop it...But if you are going to ask him, then it would be best to do it alone of course...And make sure he doesn't tell anyone if he did see...Better seeing you in an aisle, than paying for them

Darkfinn

Well... that's the one nice thing about being in a big city... there are like 5 pharmacies within 10 miles of where I live... so there's a nice selection... and you never see the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojodiaper View Post
    Hm...Maybe you should go farther out next time...
    Go further out where? I myself live near the city limits, so it takes me a while to bike to this particular pharmacy. It takes me even longer (and all uphill) to bike to the second pharmacy in the city. The closest pharmacy after that is in a city three hours away by car.

I think for now it would be best to just drop it...But if you are going to ask him, then it would be best to do it alone of course...And make sure he doesn't tell anyone if he did see...Better seeing you in an aisle, than paying for them
    Oh good god, I'm not going to ask him about it! Why the heck would I want to do that?

It's just an interesting anecdote.

Darkfinn

speaking of buying... I'm headed over to wallgreens in like 30 mins to get some diapers for night time...

I'm using my expensive bambinos too fast...

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Lurker View Post
    There was something in the way he smiled, the way he talked, that might suggest he saw what I was buying. It was a nice smile, though, something like "You're secret is safe with me."
    Maybe he was just trying to be friendly. How well do you know him?

Well you're 17...Maybe you should get a license soon...Then you can drive out further

At least he maybe only thinks you wet the bed and he already said he has no intentions on telling others, Why would he anyway? I always used to hate buying depends at walgreens but now I am like whatever, I go get the diapers pay for them and get out. If anything happens while the person can just assume I wet the bed I wouldn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by diapeybabybrian View Post
    Maybe he was just trying to be friendly. How well do you know him?
    I'm certain he was just being friendly. It was a moment of paranoia, that's all. I don't know him well at all.

Well you're 17...Maybe you should get a license soon...Then you can drive out further
    I have my license, but to drive three hours to the next city, than drive another three hours back into town in my dad's truck... well, that's not exactly possible.

My town is a frontier town; there's nothing around for miles but wilderness. We're surrounded by the Canadian Shield. There's very few towns on the Canadian Shield. The closest town other than the one I mentioned earlier is an even smaller American town, and as of late it's become next to impossible to cross the boarder.

EmeraldsAndLime

Well hey, if anything becomes of it, you can always just deny, deny and DENY! If he's the only one who saw you, then it's his word against yours. Of course, if he seems like the 'nice enough', as you describe, then there shouldn't be a problem.

What is interesting though is that you say you aren't really friends, but he felt compelled to come over and speak with you just because he saw you in a supermarket? That's rather strange. So I wouldn't leave it to chance, he probably saw what you were doing and, I guess, tried to save you the embarrassment of it.