Thread: Will be partially absent for a while.

Exclamation Will be partially absent for a while.

It's exam season coming up, which means it's revision season for me right now.
    So for the next month or so I'll probably be here a lot less.

Last year during exams I tried to leave completely... That was stupid! This year I'm just going to be here a lot less, maybe I'll post a bit sometimes, and maybe I'll be active during the weekends... but as of this thread I'll probably be at lot less active for a little while.
    (I'm making this thread because once I post it, I'll be committed to not coming here as often. )

I won't be on MSN or IRC for a while either. Not that me not being on IRC really makes much difference!

So ciao for time being. Don't get up to anything too fun while I'm gone!

Good luck with your exams! We'll try to muddle through till you're back at full capacity.

Hope you do really well on your exams, Charlie. Those HS exam times are still etched in my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    (I'm making this thread because once I post it, I'll be committed to not coming here as often. )
    That's OK! We won't hold you to it. :wink:

~Pramrider

Oooh, same for me too! Except substitute 'revision' with 'drinking'.

So how confident are you feeling about your exams? I'm pretty nervous. The teaching over here has been absolutely abysmal and I've been kind of having a hard time feeling motivated about anything I do. Of course, the fact that everything we're doing is so boring really doesn't help; in history we're learning about appeasement... how the bloody hell are we supposed to remain motivated and enthusiastic about 20 years of meaningless diplomacy and dull treaties?

But, uh. Yeah. I always get totally carried away when this topic comes up. Hehe, good luck comrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Verscha View Post
    So how confident are you feeling about your exams?
    Fairly confident, but not confident enough.

I miss high school, where you learn everything you need to know months before the exam, and then have ages to revise...
    With some of my exams this year being early, I'll probably finish learning what I need know a few days before the exam starts!

Good luck with your exams too, don't do too much drinking though. I wonder if it's against the rules to go into an exam drunk...

I had a friend who took an RE exam drunk. He decided to write his own gospel.

I just hope I can pull this one off. I'm not sure how long I can stay living at home without committing suicide.

Peachy

Good luck with the exams!

I've never been a person to spend ages on studying. I prefered to pay attention over the course of the year/semester and try to learn stuff as I went along. My brain never quite accepted any massive input in a short amount of time, so studying didn't help much, only revising and training skills I already had. That's probably why I never did awfully well in classes I had absolutely no interest in, or classes taught by really boring teachers/professors. I didn't do too well on the exam I took on Sep 12th 2001 either. I'm sure you can understand why.

Remember to take a plushy to the exams as a good luck charm!

Peachy

Dude84

Good luck, hope all goes well. I still rememeber my A-Level exams *shudders*...

Good luck Charlie (how could I have missed this)

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Good luck with the exams!

I've never been a person to spend ages on studying. I prefered to pay attention over the course of the year/semester and try to learn stuff as I went along. My brain never quite accepted any massive input in a short amount of time, so studying didn't help much, only revising and training skills I already had. That's probably why I never did awfully well in classes I had absolutely no interest in, or classes taught by really boring teachers/professors. I didn't do too well on the exam I took on Sep 12th 2001 either. I'm sure you can understand why.

Remember to take a plushy to the exams as a good luck charm!

Peachy
    Very recognizable. Luckily I now only have subjects I like (and Dutch + English but English is a cakewalk and Dutch isn't too hard either)