Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's in a Name? pt.II

Default What's in a Name? pt.II

So I saw this topic brought up before titled "Usernames" but for some reason it was a closed topic. Well here's round 2!

Only this time we'll make it a little more interesting. Copy and paste these questions with your own answers.

1. How you come up with your current user name?
    2. Do you have any other names you currently use? ex. Fur, Gamertag, Pet name, etc.
    3. What are some old names you use to go by? Bonus points if you remember your very first online handle ever created.
    4. If you had to change your username now, what would it be and why?

Have fun!

June

1. My interest in being a tb/dl, and I guess the name just hit me.

2. On a lot of websites, my username is "grungeisded". This is also my gamertag, my email username, and facebook username.

3. Very first: Otopitus (I never thought I would type that name again). My other username for a while was 10xthejdude.

4. Curbed

1. Lady Gaga calls her fans her "little monsters." Since I'm a huge fan, I took the name upon myself, haha. And it fit in the AB/BDSM context because I like to be a little brat sometimes. ;D

2. I've gone by olliecub or paddedpup on ABDL websites before. Vanilla-wise, I've been raisedinabarn.

3. I'm pretty sure my first online tag was iceblink, followed closely by angeltears, which are both completely retarded.

4. I just changed my name from Olivia to LittleMonster, but if I had to change it, I'd probably go with just Monster. I really really like my username currently. Haha

My user name is my date of birth translated into chemical symbols using their atomic numbers.

2. Do you have any other names you currently use? ex. Fur, Gamertag, Pet name, etc.
    zzzonked, escape_artists_never_die, arsenic.hydrogen and argonkalium388

3. What are some old names you use to go by? Bonus points if you remember your very first online handle ever created.
    natnr, lookatmyhat, and ashley<surname>

I wouldn't change my user name. As far as I know, nobody else in the world uses this user name.

Squiggles (a random word that sounds cool) + Sigma (what was my favorite greek letter... it's not any more :P) = Squigma ^^

Mostly variations of Squigma: Squig, Squiggy[Wuff | Pup], SquiggleMcFrenchFryDiggle, etc. Also, sometimes Jack26.

Used to go by Jack26 on here. Before that on some other sites I went by jackl or other variations of the name jack, and for a while "The King of Darkness" or something like that. Yeah, I know :/

I would try to avoid changing it as much as I could. It's a really nice word in that it's fun to say and and can be changed into all sorts of different words. Plus, it's pretty unique, but still used by other people in obscure places occaisonally. So people can't be sure any search result that comes up for it (i.e, here) is me.

Though, if I had no other choice... I dunno. It takes me a looong time to think of usernames. Just another nice sounding nonsense word I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlikra View Post
    My user name is my date of birth translated into chemical symbols using their atomic numbers.
    That is one of the coolest ideas. Hats off to you .
    So... you were born.... let me just unscramble here... March 88th, 1819? Got it .

Now, as for me:
    1. How (did) you come up with your current user name?
    It was really, really non-imaginative. I just used the prefix from one of my email accounts. It's just SPD and my first name.

Well, not many, honestly. I'm not busy in too many places where I would need a username. D1G1T and D1G1TDan are a couple though.

Oh goodness. My first one was detriotred19 (yes, with the typo).
    I went by Yzbong for a little while on ebay.
    I used to be on ESPN's hockey boards for a while, and I don't remember that name.

MrSaggyDiaperFudgeNuggets
    No, I don't really plan on changing it, and my mind is a blank now for ideas.

Thanks for the responses so far everyone. I suppose it's only fair I contribute my own answers now.

I'm known for my obsession with electronica music genres, at the time I was currently fixated on oldskool jungle, gabber, terror, and breakcore. My friends would tease me saying it all sounds like static to them and that's where it clicked.

DUBL10N - music
    GUNZcauzRUNZ - gaming
    9Lives - Dj'ing

DrunkNPist - My first user name ever created on AOL waaaaaay back in the day about 13 years ago. Named for my love of punk rock and the band The Pist.
    PlaySk00L - First AB handle, don't remind me ;P
    I hate y0u - Hacker memories with my sidekick at the time winniedap0oh aka n0pz (No peace) ...we were absolute terrors on AOL back in that time, Mako remembers ;/
    >^_^< - DPF handle. Why? It was fun teasing people that they couldn't have a name like mine when Tommy changed the system.
    DifFURent - First fur handle, it fit me well.
    Cliff Clavin - I was a punk meerkat with liberty spikes before I was a lion. I role played the drunk kat of the Pridelands with my wife meerkat Kimya and our two bratty kids over at lionking.org forum. Good times.

L10N - I been around awhile but no matter how many names I've gone through in my past those who know me in real life terms always just call me lion. Simplicity.

1. Love them noodles ^_^ I also like short, one word usernames. Whodathunkit?
    2. Xactoknife mainly. Xbox live, steam, you name it ;P
    3. Invisidude, because I dominated on the first Splinter Cell game released on Xbox Live
    4. "AndRyanLolz" - A dumb inside joke between my friend and I :P Also, if I was ever in list of usernames or in an online game with someone it would be "(user1), (user2), AndRyanLolz." It's dumb, I know. I suppose you had to be in the main conversation ^_^

If i recall basically the Phoenix Coyotes, and my love of Coyotes xD

I do, but i tend to like to keep things separate :P

Fan9 was the only one i can thikn of (and my first i think) no idea how i got one so shitty though xD

Good question, ummm probably something simple like Panther (if possible)

Quote Originally Posted by statik View Post
    (Quoting directly from the old Usernames thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Altric
    Even though I haven't been using it that long, I can trace the origins of "Altric" to a 7th grade notebook of mine I recently found in December. In the back of my Social Studies notebook were a lot of random jottings and notes for a story I was writing at the time, which I never ended up writing BTW. Last June, I was randomly naming some pokemon in my games and I came up with "Altric" again. I thought I had used that name for something before, but could not think of where from, until I found the notebook back in December. I had a photobucket account with my old name "UltimateZero," and wanted to change my name here so the two could not be linked by the name, so I chose the "Altric" name.

Depending on the situation or context, I go by about 5 or 6 different names.
    Real name (Which I won't post here): Honestly, the only people who call me by my real name are my family. (I also base the name of my main YouTube, Facebook, etc... on my real name) I am actually getting to the point where I don't really care who knows who or what I am, but I am still not going to post my real name here just yet.
    Curly: What most friends call me because of my curly hair. Also my handle at the Community College radio station.
    Altric: ADISC, Fur, and Twitter
    C3Nostalgia: Research name on historical forums and Photo sites
    SeiruKoji: A mostly defunct old username that I still use on select sites.
    I don't do much online gaming at all, so I don't have a gamertag.

The first "handle" I used online was Randumb Stoopiditea (Though it was actually spelled [email protected] Σtooπditea when I would write it on paper)

SeiruKoji or Seiru Koji: A mostly defunct username that I still use on select sites. A character I created in middle school and kept with him until a couple years ago, when I finally figured out how to "kill" him in a story my friend was writing. I lost track of how many sties I used this name on.

Sailor Li Module 19: Cartoon Network's Cartoon Orbit account from 2000 up until they discontinued the program in 2006.

GundamXMaster1: Back after Gundam Wing was on Toonami, I picked up the model kits from Gundam X as I thought their designs were better than Wing's. So I used this name for a couple years.

ZeonBoom: an old name I would use on Gundam fan sites.

Throughout the years, I have gone by at least 50 different names on different sites, and I don't really feel like listing them all. Most of them were just names of fictional characters I created alongside the Seiru character.

I would prefer not to change my name at all, but if I had to I would change it to "Vrinthid" another name I came up with on my Pokemon games.
    Last edited by Altric; 13-May-2010 at 22:45.