Thread: Mommy's Day!

Default Mommy's Day!

I hope that every baby out there gave plenty of love to their Mommy yesterday (real Mommy or adoptive!). When you sit back and think about all they do, Mommy really deserves a special thank you!

I know I called my stepmother to let her know our thoughts are with her, that we love her dearly and wish her all the best (she is on the other side of the country from us, kind of hard to do anything else).

As for my wife, who also doubles as my Mommy from time to time, I gave her every chance to relax that I could. Our little girl gave her a card, a little painted box she made at school, and a stuffed toy she made with a craft kit that she got for her birthday.

The older kids also did their part as well--older daughter made brunch and dinner for the family, Crepes for brunch and saffron rice and chicken with Kalamata olives for dinner. Son took mom's computer outside and cleared all the dust out, from what we can tell was what had been causing it to crash again all the time. Good kids--I'm happy to see how they've grown up.

She takes good care of me, helping to diaper me, giving me a bottle for bedtime from time to time, and making sure I am basically a good baby overall. I get to have her as my best friend as well, so I consider myself really lucky.

As for my real mother, I don't have a relationship with her (I posted in mature topics about it). It's a long and nasty story that does not belong here, but she does not deserve the title 'Mom'.

Miku

i gave my mom a basketball knowing she hates sports ^^ i always give her something she doesnt like xD thats the funny part ;3

I felt pretty bad tbqh I didn't get my mom anything not even a card. At 20 I feel like a card would be the least I could do for her but, mothers day just sort of snuck up on me. She didn't seem upset by it but I really feel bad about it especially since she's given/done so much for me.

Tried to give a great day to my mom, and instead we got in a huge fight, go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffypop45 View Post
    I felt pretty bad tbqh I didn't get my mom anything not even a card. At 20 I feel like a card would be the least I could do for her but, mothers day just sort of snuck up on me. She didn't seem upset by it but I really feel bad about it especially since she's given/done so much for me.
    Even though it's belated, why not do something now? Doesn't have to be elaborate, but even a phone call or some flowers would cheer her up. I'm sure she would still like it.

Quote Originally Posted by thewiseguy7 View Post
    Tried to give a great day to my mom, and instead we got in a huge fight, go figure.
    Same thing happened to me >.>

I worked all day as a dishwasher at a restaurant that has a Sunday brunch buffet and it was PACKED all day long. I called my mom before I went over to my bar to hang out after work and chilled out. My mom lives in Philly, so I could not spend the day with her so I called her.

I hope everyone had a good Mother's Day though.

WildThing121675

Well I sent my mom a mother's Day card and made sure to call her. I couldn't be there in person since she was an hour and a half away and I had to work that day until 11:00 but she still said that she had a good mother's day.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxie View Post
    Same thing happened to me >.>
    Bah. *hugs you both*

Mothers' Day in the UK happened a while ago, but I made Mum breakfast in bed and stuff and an awesome card so, yay!

I still wished my Mama Yuri a happy Mama's day yesterday though!