Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Existence

Default Existence

does any ever think there is no point in there existence that the world would be better if you weren't alive? and to end it all?
    Last edited by Traitor; 10-May-2010 at 23:59.

Unless I'm Hitler/Stalin/murdering a bunch of people, committing violent crimes etc. etc. then I don't see how me being dead makes the world better, so no I haven't.

Sure, I have gotten that feeling before. Usually right after I have let someone down or tried doing something and failed miserably. I find that the best way to get your mind clear is to go for a run/jog/walk.

Butterfly Mage

I think I have come to terms with the idea that my life will never be one that causes grand things to change. I will never be in the history books. But I know that I have lived my life in such a way as to cause more joy than sorrow, more help than harm, and more peace than strife. I do not seek death, but neither do I fear it. I am glad for the gift of this life, even if I'm pretty unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

Sure we all have a purpose here. cant say I've ever thought about the world being better without me though. But whenever i think of how big the universe is, and look at pictures of galaxies and stuff ... that really gets my mind going. Its just too much for the human mind to handle or something.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix36 View Post
    does any ever think there is no point in there existence that the world would be better if you weren't alive?
    thats how im feeling rite now

thats how im feeling rite now
    Think of it this way, whatever is bothering you, will it really matter say, five years from now?

does any ever think there is no point in there existence that the world would be better if you weren't alive? and to end it all?
    If there is a point in existence, I have yet to see it. However, better the devil you know that the devil you don't. Existing has its moments, so I figure I might as well make the best of it while I can ^^.

I believe we are all here for a purpose, you may have years and years to go before you find that purpose, you may be here to perform one single act and go on to greatness.

I'm guessing Matrix that you have had a tough day. I had one today too, and have felt "what's the point". I do know this however. Even though life is hard on me right now, I have people who love me, and people who depend on me. There are times I would like to end it all, but if I did, I would irreparably harm them, harm them forever. We touch people in ways we can scarcely know.

We are not here to do great things. We are part of something greater than that, with some other purpose, one that's beyond our understanding. Give yourself a chance to grow and become an adult. In my life I have taught and touched the lives of kids who I've seen grow because of my contribution. I have created music which had inspired and brought peace to others. I have been a good father and am loved by my children and my wife. Even on this site, I am connected to others, feeling their pain, and sharing what little wisdom I have, and if possible, I try to absorb some of that pain, like a sponge.

Don't sell yourself short, and don't sell short the world around you. There's more to it than the eye sees. Things will happen to you that will amaze you if you only keep your eyes open.