Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the oldening

Default the oldening

Hey folks do you remember any time when you realized you were getting older/mature, for instance for me I distinctively remember turning off a led zeppelin song I loved but heard a million times to go see what was on the a.m. dial and actually was interested in the talk radio that was on. Another was when I started paying property taxes "big bucks" I was nineteen at the time, and I realized I actually do pay the policemans salary, and that damaging school property actually costs money from my pocket, quite an epiphany. Just a small sample of the "oldening". Did you guys have any of these moments?

Quote Originally Posted by dyepurr View Post
    Hey folks do you remember any time when you realized you were getting older/mature, for instance for me I distinctively remember turning off a led zeppelin song I loved but heard a million times to go see what was on the a.m. dial and actually was interested in the talk radio that was on. Another was when I started paying property taxes "big bucks" I was nineteen at the time, and I realized I actually do pay the policemans salary, and that damaging school property actually costs money from my pocket, quite an epiphany. Just a small sample of the "oldening". Did you guys have any of these moments?
    First time I had to fill a tax return last spring. That was quite weird indeed...

Watching kids breakfast TV but then switching over to watch the news, I was 13 and didn't quite know why I did it. Never changed back to be honest, I found the news a lot more interesting. Still a pretty weird moment for me.

Also filling out my student finance details, felt so grown up going in to debt.

The character Top Dollar from the motion picture " the Crow " said that ones childhood ends at the day one realize that we are going to die. I find that quote to be true.
    Giving up all illusions and pipe dreams of my former religion. Realizing that there is not any meaning to be found at the end of the day. I grew up. Now I am a nihilistic, bitter old fart. Huzzah for me, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    First time I had to fill a tax return last spring. That was quite weird indeed...
    quoted for truth.

I'm a NY Rangers fan. In my first year of teaching, I realized I had a class of students who were born after the Rangers won the cup in 1994.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    [FONT="Fixedsys"]The character Top Dollar from the motion picture " the Crow " said that ones childhood ends at the day one realize that we are going to die.
    Then my childhood ended when I was 2 and my goldfish Bubbles died.

Quote Originally Posted by dyepurr View Post
    I get up Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for college.
    I get up Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday for work.
    I don't have time for Saturday morning cartoons anymore. >>; That's how I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    The character Top Dollar from the motion picture " the Crow " said that ones childhood ends at the day one realize that we are going to die.
    If that's true, then my childhood ended at age 5

Actually... yeah, that's pretty much accurate.

I think my childhood ended the day I realized that I couldn't trust anyone to look out for my well being, save for myself.

heh.

I was just thinking about this the other day.

I realized I was 'Olde' when-

The new Dr. I was seeing walked through the door, and was half my age.
    My friend's daughter's First B-Day was soon followed by her graduation from HighSchool!
    Struggling to remember the dates important things that happened, and counting PAST the mid 20's to 30's of years gone by!
    Every time I shave or get a haircut, and see those gray hairs!

::snickers::

B.

P.S.
    The scariest thing I've come to realize, I first heard from my late wife-

"The older you get, the faster time flies!"

EEEEekkkkkk!