Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that irk you.

Default Little things that irk you.

C'mon guys, you know you all have them. Those little tiny, itty bity things that people do that you can't stand. The simplest thing that seems to annoy only you? What is it?

I can't stand it when people chew with their mouth open. Even if its for 2 seconds, it annoys me to no end; to the point where I end up leaving the room. Even someone chomping loudly irks me.

People touching my computers, caught this little douchebag script-kiddie wannabe hacker trying to install a WINDOWS keylogger on a LINUX machine...

Well, it's only happened once but I can't stand people spitting on me. For good reason. The only person who ever did so was my brother and it ended with me trying to concuss him but the tables turning as I tripped myself up and knocked myself.
    Anger is not a good fighting tool. It makes you stupid.

But one of the things that annoy me most are people who use people they know to give them social status.
    "Hi, I'm Bob, my Dad's head of the water corp."
    Great Bob. I'm expected to think you're cool cos of that? That gives you social status? All that means is your a rich blokes kid and you don't have anything that shows who you are because you've never done anything worth mentioning in your entire life.

xdeadx

Tangled wires =D

People tapping. I once worked with a guy who used to tap on his desk all day and it drove me nuts haha. I'd complain to him about his tapping and he's complain about me chewing with my mouth open (which I apparently did on occasion without realizing).

EmeraldsAndLime

Invasion of privacy. >_<

Cannot stress that point enough to people. I have a larger-than-normal personal space. When a person unknowingly comes into my space I get really frustrated about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    Invasion of privacy. >_<

Cannot stress that point enough to people. I have a larger-than-normal personal space. When a person unknowingly comes into my space I get really frustrated about it.

Aaaah, I semi-agree with you there. I have friends over quite a bit, which doesn't bother me. But I have a 13yr old neighbour, who thinks like, zomg we are like bff forever. She will come over.... and start to go through my drawers, wtf! "Whats this?" "Oooh pretty can I have this?" "OMG Thats sooo cute!" I have given away, like 10 purses just to get her out of my hair. I've resorted to locking my door and pretending to be asleep every time I hear her.

People saying that something's "gay" when they mean stupid
    Gay does not mean stupid!!

I really hate people coming in my room or touching my stuff without me there. My door is allways closed. And I can allways tell when someone's been in there. And if someone other than me or my two best friends touches Mark I get really pissed

Darkfinn

The #1 thing that gets on my nerves. People talking on cell phones while driving. Especially women in minivans who do so. No offense to the ladies here... but female driver... minivan... cellphone... that's 3 strikes right there.

Sure... I'll have the occasional 30 second "I'm driving to (place)... be there at (time)." conversations... but I've had people around me in traffic talk on the phone the entire way.... I mean 20 or 30 minutes and they never once hang up. Meanwhile they are driving at erratic speeds... slowing down & speeding up... weaving... not signalling to change lanes... slamming on their brakes. Makes me just want to strangle them.