Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playzone - a ball park for big kids!

Default Playzone - a ball park for big kids!

Good news for those of us who love ball parks but arnt allowed in any more. There is a place in Portsmouth called Playzone that has over 18's nights on the first friday of every month. I went last night and it was awesome fun. It reminded me of Fun House, lots of squishy rollers to squeeze through and things to climb. Everything is padded and everyone is running around playing tag and generally enjoying being a kid again.
    Only downside was some chavs in there and the rubbish music but its well worth a visit if you get the chance. Oh and did I mention the HUGE slide My friends found out about it, They were loving it as much as I was. Guess theres some kid in all of us
    You could always combine a visit with SIDF too!

wow thats awsome. they need something like that around here. havent been to one of those since i was 10

awwww, think a 16 Y/O could get in?

Be careful though, there's actually good reason big kids aren't allowed in such places most of the time. I just dislocated my arm on a moon bounce (details in my one blog post) because I was playing too rough. Though I have to admit, it wouldn't stop me from going to a place like that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    Be careful though, there's actually good reason big kids aren't allowed in such places most of the time. I just dislocated my arm on a moon bounce (details in my one blog post) because I was playing too rough. Though I have to admit, it wouldn't stop me from going to a place like that at all.
    if I had any sense that cautionary tail would stop me, however I lack any sense other than the common kind, and even that likes to take a back seat

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    Little kids get hurt in moon bounces all the time. My friend broke her collar bone in one when she was little. It's a risk for all ages I guess.

Yeh, I didnt mention that im feeling the pain today from all the bruises I sustained there. I even managed to cut myself somehow. I might have got a little carried away with the game of manhunt.... But kids are fearless right?

yup

teens can make do with reckless and stupid and adults can call it a "sounded like a good idea moment"

Cool! If that was even remotely close to where I live, I would definitely go.

I wonder if there's a size/weight restriction--or does Playzone just have huge equipment?

Man, that brought back memories of when I used to go to a place like that here, it was called Kidz Zone. I was the first kid to have my birthday party there (for my 7th year b-day in 1996) AND I was the first kid to have the grand tour AND try the equipment out while they were still finishing the place! ^_^ That place will always have a special spot in my heart. Sadly they shut down within 2 years as they couldn't compete with Chuck-E-Cheese. Even since then, it's been one failed business after another in there. I think the place is cursed, cause no business can survive for long there...