Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Splinter Cell

  1. #1

    Default Splinter Cell

    So I got the new Splinter Cell game for XBox 360, and don't get me wrong, it was fun up to a point. The game was missing A LOT of important necesities, like just the basic "Pick Up Body" wasn't even there!

    Any opinions?

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLobo View Post
    So I got the new Splinter Cell game for XBox 360, and don't get me wrong, it was fun up to a point. The game was missing A LOT of important necesities, like just the basic "Pick Up Body" wasn't even there!

    Any opinions?
    ::In Heavy Weapons Guy voice:: No Big Suprise..

    Really, Splintercell is published by Ubisoft (though I will be calling them as UbiSHIT for the rest of this topic.) UbiSHIT doesn't care about releasing bad games from highly sucesful brands such as Splinter Cell or Call Of duty. The only thing the higher up's in the company care about is higher profit margins.

    Really even in the first splinter cell game you could pick up and move bodies, this one is what the 4th or 5th and it leaves that out?

    Also on the PC verison during co-op multiplayer online, you have no communation what so ever with the other player.. No Text, no sounds, not even prefixed vocal commands.

    UbiSHIT can burn in hell for all I care, I won't buy another peice of their garbage again until they actully improve on their games rather then dicking around and charging 10 extra dollars for a sub-par game.

  3. #3

    Default

    I disagree heavily, with games like Call of Shitty, you can not even take cover behind a simple wall, yet in their title it claims to be modernized warfare...hmmmm thats a funny title considering that their is no cover mechanism yet in the revolutionary war people took cover behind trees and that was what a couple hundred years ago? If you play the iraq mission on splinter cell and compare with call of "shitty" Ubi soft captures that "MODERN" warfare exprience, yet im off subject because splinter cell was not meant to be a game competing up against call of shitty, they are not the same genre yet I still like to "challenge" CoD players to play that one mission and compare it to CoD

    now I do agree that in the first splinter cell you could move bodies and do what seems like a whole lot more, in the third splinter cell you had a knife and could slit peoples throats. Also to mention the multiplayer fails, whatever happened to spies versus mercs? However at the same time the new splinter cell was not built to be like the old ones it was meant to capture sorta like a "farcry" experience as if you were a predator lurking in the shadows.

    I think you guys are being a little to harsh on it, compared to other failing disappointing sequels that have come out of gaming companies butts this one is pretty alright.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    I think you guys are being a little to harsh on it, compared to other failing disappointing sequels that have come out of gaming companies butts this one is pretty alright.
    You do realize you were able to move bodies in the very first splinter cell game right? made by the same studio, published by the same company. Comparing a new game to a old game from the same studio is not being harsh, it's being critical.

    It's clear that Activision and Ubisoft both suck majorly as publishers at this time. They let their studios get away with taking away old and highly valuable features such as moving bodies, removing all forms of communications between players (See PC edition of Splinter Cell: Conviction) and even removing dedicated servers for multiplayer PC games in the case of Modern Warfare 2.

    Also as for a cover system in Modern Warfare 2 or Bad Company 2, hiding behind anything less then a cement wall thats maybe 6 inches thick or more, a bullet from military grade rifles will go though whatever your hiding behind and though your body and maybe even more.

    Not that those games are that realistic anyhow. Also they want to differ a lot then Gears of War or Killzone those are "arcade-ish" shooters, something they really want to differ from.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Not that those games are that realistic anyhow.
    lol I couldn't agree more take a Tylenol in the game in your like super man bullets just bounce off your chest in MW2, lol try that in real life and lemme know how that works out.

    in my honest opinion I think all gaming companies lately have sucked, take 2 games, ubi soft activision ea games, of course infinityward being the worst of them all (ok maybe not the worst of them all but I hate call of duty, it seems like infityward didn't care and just shat into a bag and wrote call of duty mw2 on it and the world bought it up.) I think a lot of gaming companies are just trying to bust out as many games as they can before the acclaimed project natal comes out they don't care if the games are good or bad they are waiting for natal...of course my theory could be dead wrong.

    I remember the good old days where you could walk into gamestop pick up an original xbox game right off the shelf and you may not have ever seen that game before or heard the title, you buy the game and it turns out to be a great game. see now a days you have to read reviews you have to watch trailers you have to watch videos of the creators of the game claim it to be the best game ever, you have to get your friends opinions...and at the end of all that you still don't know if it will be a good game.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    lol I couldn't agree more take a Tylenol in the game in your like super man bullets just bounce off your chest in MW2, lol try that in real life and lemme know how that works out.

    in my honest opinion I think all gaming companies lately have sucked, take 2 games, ubi soft activision ea games, of course infinityward being the worst of them all (ok maybe not the worst of them all but I hate call of duty, it seems like infityward didn't care and just shat into a bag and wrote call of duty mw2 on it and the world bought it up.) I think a lot of gaming companies are just trying to bust out as many games as they can before the acclaimed project natal comes out they don't care if the games are good or bad they are waiting for natal...of course my theory could be dead wrong.

    I remember the good old days where you could walk into gamestop pick up an original xbox game right off the shelf and you may not have ever seen that game before or heard the title, you buy the game and it turns out to be a great game. see now a days you have to read reviews you have to watch trailers you have to watch videos of the creators of the game claim it to be the best game ever, you have to get your friends opinions...and at the end of all that you still don't know if it will be a good game.
    This has much truth to it, which is why I am so picky about what games I buy. It's hard to tell which games suck and which ones are good without asking friends and other gamers online. I really love it when a new game comes out that everyone wants and its like the greatest thing since sliced bread. People pay almost half their minimum wage paycheck to get it, then four months later it can be had for around 20-30 dollars. I've been able to save a bit of money by waiting for the prices to go down.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    .I remember the good old days where you could walk into gamestop pick up an original xbox game right off the shelf and you may not have ever seen that game before or heard the title, you buy the game and it turns out to be a great game. see now a days you have to read reviews you have to watch trailers you have to watch videos of the creators of the game claim it to be the best game ever, you have to get your friends opinions...and at the end of all that you still don't know if it will be a good game.
    Are you joking?

    there was never a time in video gaming you can pick any game and it turns out to be great... E.T for the Atari was proof of that.

Similar Threads

  1. Your Cell Phone
    By baby_mike in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 13-Jan-2010, 05:55
  2. Got a new cell phone
    By baby_mike in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27-Jun-2009, 10:38
  3. Cell Phone Suggestions?
    By Manigeitora in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-Apr-2009, 21:03
  4. Cell Phone as Modem
    By baby_mike in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-Jan-2009, 22:50
  5. New Cell Phone Yee!!
    By James in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-Jun-2008, 11:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.