Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you, Moo!

Default Thank you, Moo!

So I was thinking earlier about all the stuff that Moo does but never really gets thanked for. I mean think about it, without Moo, we wouldn't be here. We wouldn't have a site to talk about our desires in a mature fashion.

Moo does a lot of the behind the scenes stuff. He makes sure that ADISC works. Anyone that's ever been involved with drama or a play production knows just how important the running crew is. Moo makes everything that we have on ADISC possible.

I mean sure, there have been a few times when ADISC has been down, but it was always back up before too long. Moo makes sure that the server always gets back up and running so we can have a place to belong.

Moo is like the parent that kisses your boo boo when you fall and skin your knee. He doesn't supply a cure, but he supplies ways to get the cure. What I mean is that while Moo doesn't give us a panacea for being a *B or a DL or a furry of any sort, he does give us resources to help us deal with our desires.

ADISC is the one place that many of us have that actually makes us feel accepted and welcome. A lot of us get teased at school or have trouble making friends in real life or have a bad family life. ADISC is a place where we can escape from all that and feel wanted and loved again.

A lot of times it may seem like the mods do everything, but what they do can't exist without Moo providing the resources to make what they do possible. (Not bashing on the mods; I appreciate them and how they make ADISC a safe place.)

So Moo, I just want to say thank you for everything you've done to make this site possible.

Agreed. :3 I just found out about this site a few days ago. :}D I must say, it is something! :333

Thank-you Moo. :}DDD

We need to come up with a day for Mod Day, I had a thread about it but we never thought of a day to celebrate the mods.

Mods rock!

I still think we should have an annual Moo's Day celebration.
    Anyone interested?

Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    I still think we should have an annual Moo's Day celebration.
    Anyone interested?
    yaaaaa

thank you moo

YES. Moo definitely deserves it. Thanks Moo for everything here on ADISC!

I was just wondering: has anyone taken notice that the Adisc board is full-featured with a clean, straightforward layout and it's just very, very... professional. Seriously, it's impressive. Most boards (that aren't commercial--and even some that are) are sloppy in comparison.

I don't know a whole lot about setting up a board, but... I've got a feeling that it, like most other things that are done well, takes a significant amount of time, so... thank you, Moo.

I know I felt like I lost all these friends when we went down on Monday. Thanks Moo for caring about us. This site means a lot to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygon View Post
    I don't know a whole lot about setting up a board, but... I've got a feeling that it, like most other things that are done well, takes a significant amount of time, so... thank you, Moo.
    I am in the process of setting up a board of my own. It helps that I've set up a couple websites before, but to create an interactive interface like the one here on ADISC was way above what I had done in the past. I've got things going pretty well on there right now, but I'll be honest, most of my ideas came from here. Moo has set up a great example of what a forum website should be all about, and I commend him for it. I just hope my own site comes even close to being as well rounded and well put together as this one. (I would post a link to my beta site, but I don't want to even risk spiders crawling it yet because it's not where it will be later, so pm me if you're at all interested).

Oh, and it does take a significant amount of time. I've put in dozens of hours already, and don't even have it half-way to where I want it to be to launch soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I know I felt like I lost all these friends when we went down on Monday. Thanks Moo for caring about us. This site means a lot to me.
    I feel that way too when this place goes down agreed.