Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me choose a new diaper! - A step or two down from Bambinos?

Default Help me choose a new diaper! - A step or two down from Bambinos?

I'm a pretty spoiled diaper boy and I usually get my pick of whatever diapers I want to wear but ever since I joined up this forum, i've been wearing more and more frequently, so to wear something as thick and expensive as Bambinos on an almost daily basis gets very expensive and i'm feeling the squeeze now

Diapers are becoming an expense in my life I would rather not do without, I want to know, what are some of the best diapers next to Bambinos? I'm not talking about Abena's either! See, Bambinos and Abena Abri-Form X-Plus are really thick long lasting diapers and if I wear one, i'm usually committed to them for at least four hours since they're so thick and though I wear a medium, I just don't wet that frequently.

I want a diaper that still looks cute (I dislike Abenas aesthetically) with as little "MEDIUM" or words on the diaper as possible and is a step down in absorbency/thickness. Something more cost effective but still a very good diaper. I buy a case of 44 usually so i'm hoping to switch to a diaper brand that maybe does 55-60+ diapers per case.

Ummmmmm heres some preferences i'd like to abide by in features:

- Leakguards (Gotta have it!)
    - Waistband (Prefer it, don't need it)
    - Low noise level plastic covering/shell
    - Low noise tapes (important but its not necessary)

Please help me out, i'm running out of diapers and I don't wanna sleep without one on

I would try maybe dry247 although they tend to be kinda crinkly. Otherwise i would sugest maybe the wellness unique brief its pretty thick to me. Maybe another option would be to go with attends and some thick booster pads.
    Last edited by galf32; 07-May-2010 at 20:25.

Have you tried Secure Plus? Personally, I don't like them quite as much since the redesign (shown in this thread) but they're still a pretty darn good moderate use diaper. The green hearts may be more or less appealing to you. No elasticized waistband but they do have leak guards and they're less pricey than the next step up of X-Plus or Bambinos. I do not recommend their "Premium Taped Briefs" unless you're really keen for something that's extra crinkly, as that is their only selling point.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Have you tried Secure Plus? Personally, I don't like them quite as much since the redesign (shown in this thread) but they're still a pretty darn good moderate use diaper. The green hearts may be more or less appealing to you. No elasticized waistband but they do have leak guards and they're less pricey than the next step up of X-Plus or Bambinos. I do not recommend their "Premium Taped Briefs" unless you're really keen for something that's extra crinkly, as that is their only selling point.
    I have tried Secure Plus but they are exactly the same as Bambinos, no? Even the site design for Secure Plus and Bambino is the same. Only the landing zone tape is different, for me it was pretty forgetable. I tried Secure X-Plus before I tried Bambinos but Bambinos were better overall as they had slight improvements

Quote Originally Posted by JonBB View Post
    I have tried Secure Plus but they are exactly the same as Bambinos. Only the landing zone tape is different...
    And they're cheaper and significantly thinner with less capacity. Given that you were happy with Bambinos but not with the price I'd have expected this similarity to be a plus (so to speak).

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    And they're cheaper and significantly thinner with less capacity. Given that you were happy with Bambinos but not with the price I'd have expected this similarity to be a plus (so to speak).
    I appreciate the help its just that I was hoping to depart to a different diaper manufacturer. It seems they use the same manufacturer, but I won't rule them out... Also thanks for linking me to the redesign! They aren't too bad for the amount of diapers you get haha

Quote Originally Posted by JonBB View Post
    I appreciate the help its just that I was hoping to depart to a different diaper manufacturer. It seems they use the same manufacturer, but I won't rule them out

Also thanks for linking me to the redesign
    Ah, now I understand! Maybe Molicares would be worth looking at. Perhaps someone with greater experience with those will speak up.

The Abena Super would be an excellent choice. Built just like an X-Plus, but more discreet. The tapes hold better than on the X-Plus too.

http://www.xpmedical.com/images/plus-super-xplus.jpg

Orfor an even more discreet, yet still reasonably absorbent diaper, you could try Tranquility ATNs.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:hODgpn7-uLSjDM:http://www.carepathways.com/eStore/LG/tranATNx.jpg

123zippy

I wear to school tranquility slimline and nobody has noticed. Can hold at least 3 heavy wettings. Great diaper I highly suggest it

Somebody did a review on Galaxy Diapers a while back (http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...y-diapers.html). They apparently performed reasonably well, and impressively well for the price: "The diapers range in price from $0.65 each for the daytime medium to $0.96 each for the night large purchased by the 120 piece case."

Check out Galaxy Sanitary Supplies - Incontinence Briefs, Supplies
    The store is temporarily down, so you can't view the pics right now. From what I remember, the diapers looked pretty good; all-white, there may have have been a taping strip. No obnoxious writing. Apparently they'll start shipping again on the 15th of May.