Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you use a gym?

Post Do you use a gym?

So here's a question I have for those of us who wear for need, regardless of choice. What do you do at the gym? Whenever I go, my pattern is something like this:

1. Go to locker room.
    2. Take off street clothes.
    3. Quick shower.
    4. Put on gym clothes.
    5. Exercise (usually machines + 1 hour cardio).
    6. Back in the locker room.
    7. Take off gym clothes.
    8. Thorough shower.
    9. Sauna.
    10. Put on street clothes, leave.

Now this is a ritual that I think is pretty incompatible with diapers. The locker I use is clear on the other side of a maze-like locker room from the showers (about a 100' walk), and there's no private changing areas, so being naked in front of other people is pretty much unavoidable at some level. And I feel like showing someone I'm wearing a diaper in this situation isn't particularly hygenic. I guess I could eliminate this issue if I needed to by going to the gym in gym clothes and doing my pre/post-workout showering at home, but IDK, I really like the feeling of containing everything related to my workout at the gym. That also doesn't eliminate the thought of having to do an hour on the elliptical wearing a diaper, which sounds anything but pleasant.

Luckily, I have the choice to simply not wear a diaper if I go to the gym. I realize, however, that a lot of people don't have the luxury of that choice. How do you handle it?

I used to go to a gym after I had a motorcycle accident while ago... basically some idiot didn't know how to operate his breaks whilst I was waiting for the red-light to turn green and he bumped my triumph in the rear with approx. 30 miles an hour. I was totally unprepared and I was thrown over and basically crushed by my bike and the force by the car "bumping" it.
    Few broken rips, crushed ankle, broken leg... bits of bruises and stuff.
    Not overly serious, but after my initial recovery I really felt the need to get back in shape (I usually, despite my incontinece issues, try to stay as fit as possible without going nuts about it)....
    Never liked gyms though (not because of the diaper issue,... but mostly because of the "vibe" and those blown-out-of-proportion steroide junkies).

My Gym routine looked like this...
    1. Go to the toilet
    2. Take of the day-time diaŘer
    3. Pee
    4. go to take a quick shower
    5. go to the toilet again-
    5. change into a a slim snug fitting textile-backed pad with some protective cover (not a full plastic pant... those medical partially plastic covered pants to be worn over inco-pads).
    I wear boxer shorts over those... unless you really stare at my sweet behind you wouldn't notice a thing.
    4. go to the locker room
    5. Change into my sports-apparel (usually some sweatpants and shirt...)
    6. Excercise... warm up (doing some simple cardio-like excercises). Rowing-machine. other machines or weights... I don't do cardio stuff at a gym... I prefer to actually go jogging, swimming or biking, outdoors. I think those cardio-machines just suck
    7. Go to the toilet, take of pad & protective pants
    8. Pee
    9. Shower
    10. Dress
    11. toilet & rediaper in fresh daytime diaper.
    12. leave

I've been a bedwetter all my life and have had bladder problems during the day for as long as I can remember... Daytime for me usually isn't overly bad, but still bad enough to need at least a large pad or a diaper.
    Thus I'm rather used to the fact of needing diapers and trying to get through normal activities with them without being embarassed or "obvious".

But again, I don't like gyms and I'll avoid them (with or without diaper) as long as I can.

Default I use a gym

My pattern is:

1. Drive to gym.
    2. Remove shoes and socks.
    3. Remove pants.
    4. Remove shirt.
    5. Now I am wearing just plastic pants and a cloth diaper.
    6. Donn athletic gear [to specifically include baggy shorts ].
    7. Exercise.
    8. Remove athletic gear.
    9. Slide off plastic pants and diaper as a single unit.
    7. Shower.
    8. Slide on plastic pants and diaper as a single unit.
    9. Put on shirt.
    10. Donn pants.
    11. Put on socks and shoes.
    12 Leave gym

I used to go to the GB3 in Fresno, it is about an hour away (my wife lives there during the week while she is working) and i woudl go there on mondays while she was at work. I haven't gone since I started having to wear 24/7. Like people have siad there is no privacy and I am not comfortable enougt to be changing in and out of my street /gym cloths diapered.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by ericd View Post
    6. Excercise... warm up (doing some simple cardio-like excercises). Rowing-machine. other machines or weights... I don't do cardio stuff at a gym... I prefer to actually go jogging, swimming or biking, outdoors. I think those cardio-machines just suck
    Agreed. I never understood, coming from California and riding my bike everywhere, how people could use those without getting bored. Riding takes the whole body to pump, push, and shift your weight around to compensate. It's not a sit straight up, legs up and down stationary thing you do.
    Personally, I take my weights with me to my second or third shift and just use my dumbbells there. (YouTube - 300 Spartan Workout 2) There I use this routine, a combination of push-ups and weights, where I substitute the bands for my dumbbells. I've been trying to do this at least 3 times a week, but the overnights have killed my stamina and drive.
    At home I stay conscious of what's going in my body (or lie to myself and say I do). 3 meals with fruit or nuts in between them through out the day, making sure I have vegetables with every one and drinking water.
    Trying to stay on topic for the thread, why *don't* they have a changing area?? I like checking out the local buff guys just as much as the next one, but why not private changing areas for at least a few of us?

Could you not change in a shower/stall? just keep your bag closed and in a dry area. (eeeuugh, public restrooms :\)

Quote Originally Posted by Claw View Post
    Could you not change in a shower/stall? just keep your bag closed and in a dry area. (eeeuugh, public restrooms :\)
    The men's locker room in my gym doesn't have such things. It's kind of like this, though not as nice.

I work from home, so I always go to the gym in my workout clothes.

1.) Change into an Attends Air disposable
    2.)Put workout clothes on and wear jacket or sweat pants over the top if it's cool outside - for the walk from the car to the building.
    3.) Go to gym and get a towel, etc. and locker for jacket.
    4.) Workout
    5.) Skip showers snd go back home to shower and change

I've never liked communal showers anyway.

Short of giving you another boring gym routine, i just dont bother with nappy's at the gym, all that sweat and squatting and shorts, you gotta let it all air out hey?? But i realise not everyone has this luxury...

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Short of giving you another boring gym routine, i just dont bother with nappy's at the gym, all that sweat and squatting and shorts, you gotta let it all air out hey?? But i realise not everyone has this luxury...
    Yes, thank your for reminding me... that I actually do not have much of a realistic choice.