Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speedruns

Default Speedruns

I was on YouTube last night & was watching a few speedruns of some classic games such as; MegaMan 2, The Legend of Zelda, Castlevania & a few others!! Has anyone else watched a speedrun & what are your thoughts as you watch them?

I tried doing one when I was playing Fallout 2. It's a fun thing to try if you've already beaten a game and it's also fun to see how people sometimes exploit glitches to get through a game faster.

I have watched them & thought, wow, I never thought to do that, used a certain item that way or taken that path!! Plus, I just like to watch them to see gameplay from some of my favourite classic games!!

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    I was on YouTube last night & was watching a few speedruns of some classic games such as; MegaMan 2, The Legend of Zelda, Castlevania & a few others!! Has anyone else watched a speedrun & what are your thoughts as you watch them?
    Oooh! I'm off to see if they have one for Metroid. Or SoTN.

Mako

Metroid speed runs are insane. The record for the original metroid is 17min22sec 100% completion.

Metroid ones are the best by far. Check out some of the ones for metroid prime, the amount of sequence breaking is crazy.

I managed to beat hunters for the DS in under an hour if that counts for anything

I don't think I have the natural skill for most of those kinds of games though.

BernardFx

I once completed Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga in about 3 hours 35 minutes. Not much of a speed run, but pretty good for an RPG.

Also finished off Super Mario Bros. in a little more than 15 minutes.

A little off topic, once in Tetris DS, I did 4 Tetris in a row, and lasted about 5 hours in marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by BBFx View Post
    I once completed Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga in about 3 hours 35 minutes. Not much of a speed run, but pretty good for an RPG.

Also finished off Super Mario Bros. in a little more than 15 minutes.

A little off topic, once in Tetris DS, I did 4 Tetris in a row, and lasted about 5 hours in marathon.
    Given that the all-time record for SMB is 5 minutes flat, that's pretty damn good.

i did a speedrun of ocarina of time, in 5h 48min! not the world record but im going for it!