Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hiding question

Default hiding question

So I'm sorry if this isn't appropriate or in the wrong place, but I've got a problem and its worrying me.
    I'm moving from dorm to apartment with friends in about a week.
    Problem: sharing a closet. For the last 4 years I've hid my collection in my closet, but I've got a pretty nosy roomie (from the philosophical school of 'what's yours is mine') and don't know where else to hide it. I've thought about bags or boxes, but if its in the closet, I'm sure the chance of it being found will raise exponentially. Not really interested in being found out about now.
    Any help would be appreciated.

GaashaHuzzah

Hmmm...

If you're getting a bed, under the mattress is an okay place that isn't a closet.

im incon so i dont have to worry about that but yea i would have to agree under the bed is a good idea like in a box or something, or if you have a car keep them in the car
    hope this helps

wolfie

Something with a lock perhaps? Preferably something that doesn't have screws or another tamper proof opening method. A lock does a good job of saying "hands off."

When my kids went to college, I built them cargo lockers and included was a big pad lock. From what you have said or suggested, I wonder if wearing in general isn't going to be difficult, especially if he is nosy.

Inside a guitar amp cab. They're massive, and most people dont know, almost completely hollow!

Quote Originally Posted by Me :p View Post
    Inside a guitar amp cab. They're massive, and most people dont know, almost completely hollow!
    Ah omg I do that too! You can fit all kinds of stuff in amps :p

Anyways... Go to walmart and get one of those locking bin things.
    Or maybe a suitcase with locks.

Quote Originally Posted by Me :p View Post
    That will probably only work if you can play the guitar though...
    It would seem unusual to me and probably other people for someone to have an amp but no guitar.

Maybe lock them in a suitcase under your bed, combination locks work really well in my experience, no one ever gets into them.

I concur with "under the bed", but really, if you had a plastic box somewhere in your room, would you realistically expect anyone to go through it?

The basic reason any regular citizen has privacy or security in this world, where all computers are hackable and all locks can be picked quickly, is because people aren't targeting a random person. Unless there is reason for people to "target" you for looking through your stuff and violating your privacy, anything that isn't lying out in the open isn't going to be found.

just get something with a lock that you would only you would know
    and your friends wouldn't look thru your stuff unless you look
    like your hiding something