Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New pampers causing trouble?

These parents have a lot of choices and alternatives to use. They also seemingly can't tell what the hell diaper rash is or the methods to prevent it/treat it. Of course the best way to protest is not to buy the diapers and not to force your children to wear something they are allergic to.

Until they do, I'll faceplam.

Mako

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    These parents have a lot of choices and alternatives to use. They also seemingly can't tell what the hell diaper rash is or the methods to prevent it/treat it. Of course the best way to protest is not to buy the diapers and not to force your children to wear something they are allergic to.

Until they do, I'll faceplam.
    Erm... yea, but what's wrong with protesting a companies product?

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    Erm... yea, but what's wrong with protesting a companies product?
    Absolutely nothing if it's a legitimate complaint.

From what I can infer from here a small handful of children are having an adverse reaction to the product, parents should just switch products if the new product is causing issues. Although I do agree that the issue should be brought to the manufacturer's attention there really is no reason to start a facebook group about it, I'm sure they'll take the complaint serious and rectify it as soon as possible.

Facebook groups are for bringing back chocolate bars and determining Christmas number ones not complaining because your child is allergic to something. If anything that is why we have consumer programmes.

Mako

Who says they haven't switched, but would like the old product back? They're also sending the warning to other parents that the new product may be dangerous to their kids and contains something babies are reacting to that wasn't present before.

it's funny on regarding the topics of diapers.... we are WAY more informed than 70% of the moron parent target demographic.

But I think another problem is that they switched the design in December but did not label it any differently until this past month. That's misleading and possibly false advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Bringer View Post
    But I think another problem is that they switched the design in December but did not label it any differently until this past month. That's misleading and possibly false advertising.
    Can you get done for false advertising if you are packing a superior product as a less superior one? I guess you could but surely it goes against common sense?

Also, according to the article the new product were put out in December yet all the complaints only started coming in after the official launch. Surely if the complaints actually had basis and the rashes were caused by the product, then the complaints would coincide with replacing the product. The fact they coincide with the official launch just seems to suggest people are looking for something to blame for diaper rash.

I'm willing to bet this has everything to do with the slower absorbsion rate and missing rear padding. Combine unabsorbed urine on the skin with fecal matter and you have the perfect makings for diaper-rash city.

I forgot where I read it, but from one of the positive reviews for them: "my brother-in-law thought my daughter was potty trained because he noticed she didn't have the typical buldge or diaper-sag"
    Great job, P&G, I bet those babies were SOOO embarassed from people knowing they wear diapers.. even though they will probably find out from the wet clothing first!

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by WoXxY View Post
    I'm willing to bet this has everything to do with the slower absorbsion rate and missing rear padding. Combine unabsorbed urine on the skin with fecal matter and you have the perfect makings for diaper-rash city.

I forgot where I read it, but from one of the positive reviews for them: "my brother-in-law thought my daughter was potty trained because he noticed she didn't have the typical buldge or diaper-sag"
    Great job, P&G, I bet those babies were SOOO embarassed from people knowing they wear diapers.. even though they will probably find out from the wet clothing first!
    maybe I WON'T be buying more pampers again, if there is less padding, those things are thin enough as it is.