Thread: Obsession!

Default Obsession!

I'm sure that someone else has brough this up before, and yet I'm in need of your advice on the issue of obsession. It seems that all I can think about these days is infantilist practices. When I'm not wearing a diaper, all I can think about is the next time I get to wear one, and when I am wearing one, all I can think about is that I am wearing a diaper (and how wonderful it is). It is interfereing i my life to some extent and perhaps you have some ideas on how I can limit this obsession. What do you think? What do you do?

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I'm sure that someone else has brough this up before, and yet I'm in need of your advice on the issue of obsession. It seems that all I can think about these days is infantilist practices. When I'm not wearing a diaper, all I can think about is the next time I get to wear one, and when I am wearing one, all I can think about is that I am wearing a diaper (and how wonderful it is). It is interfereing i my life to some extent and perhaps you have some ideas on how I can limit this obsession. What do you think? What do you do?
    Well, if it's completely sexual for you, I'd suggest masturbating. The natural exhaustion, and the sexual relief, should help keeping the "obsession" at bay.

But if it's really that bad, it's possible that you need more help than that. I've no way to tell.

Other than that, I'd say that you just need to spread your interests out more. Pick up a few more hobbies - things that'll distract you mentally and physically (e.g. gardening, crafts, gaming, etc.) Right now all of your interests are centered on the infantilist stuff. You just need to spread out more, and spend time on new things that can interest and distract you.

There is something similar to me to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    Well, if it's completely sexual for you, I'd suggest masturbating. The natural exhaustion, and the sexual relief, should help keeping the "obsession" at bay.

But if it's really that bad, it's possible that you need more help than that. I've no way to tell.
    I agree with this, maybe you just have a lot of sexual tension built up. If this is one sexual outlet then it could explain wny you can't stop thinking about it.
    Do what Mesmerale said and masturbate or have sex with your partner, find another outlet for yourself.

If this isn't sexual then it may be time to get help if it starts to interfere with your daily functioning. If your functioning isn't affected then just try something new and interesting to get your mind off of infantilism. Hobbies can help keep your mind off anything.

First I'd like to say thank you for your comments. My infantilism is partly sexual. However, masturbation doesn't help me because the emotional part returns shortly after I finish doing that, and the whole thing starts all over again. For me infantilism is mostly emotional...it is a reaction to anxiety and stress, and is the result of part of my identity being frozen in time from when I was very young. At that time I had no developed sexual feelings. But I grew up wanting to return to infancy because of circumstances during early childhood.

But I will do as suggested and try to spread out my interests. I will involve myself in my hobbies and my work more. I will redirect my attetion until the appropriate time for play. I hope that my obsession will lessen as I emphasize other things in my life more. It seems to be a balancing act. My desirre to have my anxieties soothed by diapers can be very insistent, yet I believe you when you suggest there are other things to do that can ease my obsession. Now it's up to me to try.

Thanks again,

Mesmerale

First I'd like to say thank you for your comments. My infantilism is partly sexual. However, masturbation doesn't help me because the emotional part returns shortly after I finish doing that, and the whole thing starts all over again. For me infantilism is mostly emotional...it is a reaction to anxiety and stress, and is the result of part of my identity being frozen in time from when I was very young. At that time I had no developed sexual feelings. But I grew up wanting to return to infancy because of circumstances during early childhood.

But I will do as suggested and try to spread out my interests. I will involve myself in my hobbies and my work more. I will redirect my attetion until the appropriate time for play. I hope that my obsession will lessen as I emphasize other things in my life more. It seems to be a balancing act. My desirre to have my anxieties soothed by diapers can be very insistent, yet I believe you when you suggest there are other things to do that can ease my obsession. Now it's up to me to try.

Thanks again,
    If the desire is a reaction to anxiety and stress, then you're asking the wrong question.

You don't need to find an alternative to infantilistic things. You need to figure out what's causing the anxiety and stress, and resolve it.

Thanks Mesmerale, thats very insightful. My obsession is a symptom, not the problem itself. The form of the reaction is almost irrelevant, and in the case of infantilism it is harmless (except perhaps socially). I was recently ordained a minister and with that came accolades and expectations, new jobs and a new self image that I couldn't possibly live up to. Around this time, when the excitement of my transition died down, I began having these desires again, as I always have at times, and they grew until I finally acted on them. I started to wear diapers intermittently and I still do. i expect that as I become more comfortable with my position as a minister I will stop obsessing so much about infantilist things. By the way, I've wondered what kind of minister does these things. But I realize that ministers have feelings too. I don't worry about things like judgment. I have two great therapists who know what is going on with me, so I'm keeping no secrets, and it's no one else's business.

And yes there is a sexual component. Masturbation does help but I can't do that every day and the release it provides diminishes over time. Yea, ministers do that too.

Thanks everybody,

The average male thinks about sex once every 7 seconds
    Not that this statistic is truly accurate, but considering diapers have that component for some people, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of ab/dls think of stuff like that at least once a day.